Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

Maybe it is due to fate, or for the fact that the woman he saw earlier lives in the same building as he is but when Hux went down to grab some food for his lunch, the same woman from yesterday entered the elevator where he was the only one in.

Diretso ang tingin ni Hux habang ang mga kamay niya ay nasa bulsa ng kaniyang short. Hindi naman siya pinansin ng babae at naglakad at pumwesto sa likod niya.

"Hmm," he let out hum.

He looks at the girl through her reflection in the mirror wall of the elevator, and saw that she was wearing a mask. She was wearing an oversize sweatshirt and a leggings. She's not wearing a cap, luckily, so he was able to see that she was not crying, but her eyes were really dark.

'The slap yesterday must have left a mark,'

Isip niyang dahilan bakit nakasuot ng mask ang dalaga.

Although nagkasabay na sila noon sa elevator, ngayon lang nakaramdam ng awkwardness si Hux. Ramdam niya rin ang sobrang katahimikan kaya mahina siyang tumikhim saka nagsalita.

"... Going out to buy lunch?" He started to make small talk.

The woman did not pay attention to him for a while, but after realizing that they are the only one in the elevator, she slowly replied to Hux.

"Y-Yeah..."

Ganit at halatang paos ang boses ng babae na galing sa kaniyang bibig na natatampan ng mask kaya napalunok si Hux. Umisip siya ng iba pang sasabihin kaya medyo natagalan siya bago nagsalita.

"I-- well, have you heard of the newly open restaurant near our building? I heard their mushroom soup are one-of-a-kind." He said something that he had heard from the building's staff one day when he went to use the building's gym area.

Kumurap-kurap ang babae saka takang nilingon si Hux, sakto namang nakatingin din siya sa babae kaya nagkatinginan sila.

His met her honey-colored eyes and curved, naturally thick eyelashes. Hux was confused and realized that maybe the woman in front of him was a mixed race.

"--- I'm allergic to mushrooms."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He was embarrassed and looked away. He could feel his cheeks heating up and his hand naturally went to scratch the back of his head. He let out fake coughs and acted as if he didn't say anything.

The woman let out a soft chuckle.

"But yeah, I've heard of that restaurant before. They specialized in European cuisine, so I wanted to try some of their food next time." She said in a light voice as if to say to Hux that there's nothing to be embarrassed

"Is that so?"

Masayang ani niya sabay ngiti, nakita naman niyang naging hugis buwan ang mata ng babae na nagpapahiwatig na nakangiti rin ito sa ilalim ng mask niya.

"Yes."

Their short conversation ended there when the elevator started to open. Hux looks at the woman behind him and spoke before people started to get in.

"Uhh, well, if it is okay with you, the next time we meet, shall we go visit that place together?" Nahihiyang tanong niya, taka naman siyang tinitigan ng babae habang nakakunot ang makakapal nitong kilay. Lumunok si Hux ng laway niya saka nagpakawala ng tawa. "O-Of course, that was a joke--"

'What the hell? What's gotten into me?'

Who in their right mind would invite a stranger to eat in an European Restaurant?

Hux wanted to slam his head on the elevator wall when the woman spoke.

"Okay, it's fine with me."

She said and smiled at him before leaving first. Hux was baffled that his offer was accepted, but more so because of how beautiful the woman's eyes smiling were.