Dream a better dream Pt.2

Before the two women entered the club parking lot, they had a small chit-chat about their day. "Oh shit! its pack tonight ain't it ?" Honey told April looking shocked, it has never been this packed since New Year's. "Damn, I wonder how." "Nah, not how bitch, but who is the real question." Since it was too packed to park, they parked at the back of the club. When waking up some stairs, a man from out of nowhere pointed a camera with a shining bright light in April's face. "Todd Weathers with Seattle News, it's been 4 years since years since your mother's suicide. Would you like to comment on why she did it and does it have to do with her killing your father Johnny?" April's face said it all, she felt disgusted, embarrassed, and angry. She hasn't thought about why herself in the span of 3 years. The first year was hard, her mother killed herself by drowning in the shower. But before doing so, she wrote April a final goodbye letter. " April Carter, do you have anything to say?" "Get the fuck out of here nigga, before you get pocked in homie," Honey pulled out her pink desert eagle mark XIX and pointed at the reporter. "Okay I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't shoot!" now the report was scared, he dropped his camera and shook in fear. He can't bring himself to run. Honey gun is still pointing at Todd. April is watching Honey and seeing her mother at the same time, images from that night are coming to April like a TV station. April could see Johnny punch her mother in the face repeatedly, April was crying and yelling for her dad to stop. April dropped her dance bag on the ground right beside Honey.

April memories keep popping in and out. April is a little girl again, she starts running in her parents room. What she wants is too high for her to reach. She heard her mother yelling for her in pain, April starts to cry, she pulled herself together and gets a chair by the bedroom window. She moved it as close as it will go and took one of her mother hair bushed to knock off this small tool box off the top of the closet. April managed to knock it off after three try's. She opened the old tool box and took out her mothers gun. The late Uncle Mike gave to her, April checked to see if the gun was loaded. Before Uncle Mike passed he taught April and her mother how to shoot. April ran in the living room where Johnny was beating on her mother, Johnny had May up against the wall choking here out. *click click* Johnny turned around but his hands is still around May's neck, April had cocked the gun. "APRIL GIRL STOP, YOUR GONNA KILL HIM! PLEASE GIRL I ALREADY HAVE TWO STRICKS, I DON'T NEED MURDA TO BE THE THRED! April is choking Todd Weathers, her memories are making her act out of control and blacking out. Honey is trying her best to stay calm but she sees Chris, the club bouncer and waved him down to help her with April. "CHRIS PLEASE, I CAN'T GET HER OFF HIM! "Yo April, what's going on?" April memory is showing her aming the gun at Johnny, but this time April is a grown women. Somehow her mother freed herself from Johnny hands. April is slowing waking up inside the club. "I swear this had never happened before. Maybe she ain't ate today or something."
Honey said I'm a panic .

"Yea, or maybe it's them drugs." I another dancer said behind Honey. "I know you two dollar to pop ass ain't talking, hoe don't act like you ain't get caught sucking Beans dick last week. You know....the COOK!" Damn, not the cook ,I mean a girl gotta eat right. "And you sucked Eddies dick, so what you talking bout ?" "Bitch, Eddies a banker. Step your pussy up hoe!" everybody started to laugh, even April cracked a smile. "Damn GiGi, so that's why all of our wings are always dry." April said while laughing. "Dry just like her pussy." somebody said in the back of the dressing room. Shortly everybody is getting ready for tonight. April was getting ready in the corner with her own mirror, she can see Chris was standing behind her with a worried look. April motioned him to come over, before he could reach her GiGi stop him. She was wearing a pink and diamond 2 piece that showed off her breast and ass, but Chris kept walking as if she was a brick wall. "Why you passing on her, I thought you like the bold type." "Bold not hoes, okay theirs a difference. Plus she fucked one of my homeboys last year, did you know that nigga paid her $500 dollars? I'm good on GiGi. But how you feeling, you good mama?" April nodded her head in response. "I'm fine, I just had another blackout." Chris is the only person besides Ms. Green that knows about her pass and blackouts, Mike and April used to go to Lakehill Preparatory School in Dallas Texas . One night April showed up at Chris house, she knocked on his window . She had bruise under her cheek, April got in between her mother and Johnny fights, but ended up getting punch in the face by Johnny. April hit the floor so hard it knocked the wind out of her little body, all she could do was get up and run, she didn't stop til she got to Chris house.

Chris Dad was the police chief at the time , since Chris and April was friends almost every call Mary made to 911 Officer Nickels would take the call. Some night Nickels would take Johnny away but then Mary would bail him out and most night April would sneak off to sleep over at Chris and Officer Nickels house. At one point April spent the week with them, Chris seen April as a sister he has always wanted, he just wished it was on better terms. Chris lost his mom to breast cancer 2 years before meeting April and in some way she helped him with his grief. She took him to her secret spot in the woods, she found it one day running from Johnny and now its her safe space from her home life. " Where's you find this place?" " 2 weeks ago, it my favorite spot to scream, read, and think. Now it could be your spot." Chris started to smile then cry. "No. my only rule is no crying unless it's happy tears." April doesn't get why Chris is crying. Chris gives April big hug. "Thank you April, but this is our spot." Chris said. One day Chris headed to there spot and saw that April had a water gun, he thought that was weird cause it was the middle of November. He saw she had this crazy look on her face. "April are you okay? April!" he started to shake her but she couldn't snap out of it, so Chris did what any friend would. He had a water bottle and poured his water on April head, first she screamed in shook then came back down to earth.