Stress

Leslie

Weeks have passed and Sam and I are back on good terms, I've been working really hard setting up the boutique because I'm having a launch party for it in a couple of days. Getting publicity for the grand opening was not that hard, paparazzi were being nosy as usual and they put it in the tabloids.

"Hey babe, you plan on sleeping anytime soon?" Sam's deep voice asks.

"Just give me a few more minutes, I need to check inventory and make sure everything is set for the party." I turn on my MacBook.

"Babe don't you think you're stressing about this?" Sam groans and rolls out of bed.

"No, I need to get alot done plus I haven't even hired any employees Sam." I sighed.

"My sister." Sam says.

"What about her?" I scroll through my e-mails. A lot of people have been asking to come to the party.

"She can work for you." He yawns.

"Sam she's 17, she's going to be in College soon." I shake my head.

"That's even better, she's going to need to be independent so she needs a job."

"I need someone with experience, someone who knows about management and inventory." I understand his sister needs a job but I don't think I should hire her because Sam wants me too.

"Fine." Sam gets up and goes back to bed.

"I only need 6 employees but I'll give her an application." I say to Sam.

"Okay." Sam whispers.

As I'm scrolling through my e-mail a name catches my attention, it was Justin. I was going to trash the mail but for some reason I was tempted to read it.

Leslie,

Scooter told me that you're going to be opening your own business. Congratulations. I know you don't want me having any contact with you but I am proud of you, I'll see you at your launch party.

Justin.

Justin can not come to my event, I don't need to be stressing out about him the whole night.

"Shit." I whisper.

"Did you say something?" Sam groans.

"No I didn't, you can go back to bed babe." I grab my laptop and cellphone then head out into the livingroom.

I go to Justin's message and I click the reply button.

Justin do not come to my event, I don't want you there.

-Leslie

I shut off my laptop and since I was too lazy to go back to the bedroom I just fell asleep on the couch. While I was sleeping I had a dream, and it wasn't the first time I've had this dream. It always started with me standing outside of a big clear box and on the inside was Justin and Sam. I have to choose one but I never do because I end up awakening from my sleep.

I got up in the morning and Sam is already gone, he had to go back home and get ready for work. My aching body got up from the couch and immediately went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. I walk back to the living room and sit down on the couch, I reach for my laptop and place it on my lap.

I'm spending the whole morning accepting confirmations about my event and I am so stressed and also nervous. The thought of me having my own business is a little frightening.

I got up from the couch to take a break but as soon as I was heading the bathroom my doorbell rings.

"Oh come on" I groan.

I opened my front door and the UPS man was standing in front of me.

"Leslie Velasquez?" The man asks.

"Uhhh yes?" I nod.

The UPS man hands me a big brown box and a touchscreen clipboard.

"Please sign." He states.

I finish signing and hand him back the clipboard. I close the door and immediately go to my room to put the box under my bed. Even after I told him not to, Justin still decides to send me more gifts.

I pick up my phone and I text Justin.

Leslie

Justin didn't I tell you to stop sending me gifts? -12:34 pm

Justin
Oh c'mon Leslie your event is tomorrow, how could I resist? -12:37 pm

Leslie
What did you send me? -12:37 pm

Justin
I won't tell you and I don't want you to open it until tomorrow night before your party. -12:38 pm

Leslie
Stop sending gifts, Sam doesn't like it. -12:41 pm

Justin
I honestly don't give a fuck about what Sam likes or dislikes. -12:45 pm

Leslie
Are you jealous? -12:56 pm

Justin
Is that a serious question? I'll see you tomorrow night -12:58 pm

Leslie
You can't come tomorrow. -12:58 pm

Justin
We both know you want me there, the only problem here is your dumbass boyfriend. -1:08 pm

Leslie
Watch your mouth Justin. -1:13 pm

Justin
Watch your boyfriend Leslie. -1:14 pm

Leslie
Don't come. -1:17 PM

Justin
I'll come for you any day ;) -1:25 PM

We spent some time arguing back and forth, it's either we would argue about Sam or the amount of gifts he would send. I get that Justin is stiil upset and jealous about this but we both need to move on and stop dwelling on the past.

I'm living life, a stressful life to be exact and I really don't need nor do I want anymore drama in my life. From family to work it's nothing but problems. Sam is the only one that's been keeping me grounded and I'm so thankful for that.

After Justin and I broke up I was so depressed and when I caught him and Sabrina together I was even more heart broken, Sam came and he brought back my happiness.

I want the best for Justin and I want him to be happy but I won't sacrifice my happiness to make him feel better.

The rest of my day was spent like the others, eating takeout and trying to get everything ready. I've been reading so many resumes and background checks that my eyes were starting to hurt. Sam didn't stay tonight so it was just me here, I kept texting him but he never replied.

After sending continuous messages to Sam and Justin constantly picking a fight with me, I became very tired and for the first time in a couple of days I got to actually sleep in my own bed.