Dead?

Dead. Am I dead? Is this what it feels like to be dead? No pain. No feeling. Numbness. Everything is gone. Not black, not white.

But however. Is this what it feels like to be dead? Small hope deep down. An urge to fight, to protect. To be there in that room where I am lying right now covered in my own blood. A murderer looking down at me. A grin. A grin like no kind of grin I had seen before. No. This was a grin of evil of triumph of a winner.

I gasped, and my back arched as my eyes opened. My breathing is rough and heavy.

The room was small. The floor covered in my blood. A small window at the wall. I sat up screaming in pain. I looked down to my body and counted the bullet holes and where they were.

One in my leg.

Two in my other leg.

Three in my foot.

Four in my wrist.

Five in my arm.

Six in my other arm.

Seven in my hip.

Eight in my thigh.

Nine in my shoulder.

Ten in my side.

And eleven in my ankle.

Gouges where the bullet lay. No holes through my body but holes in my body.

How was I still alive? How had I survived eleven bullets to the body? Well, I'm about to explain.

*flashback*

My shooter lay over me, a grin spread across his face as he laughed at my dying body.

"You will never get away with this." I panted.

"Oh, watch me. From heaven." He laughed, getting up and spitting on the floor beside me.

"You are a monster, and I hope you get karma." I spat my chest heaving as the intense pain spread.

"Die." He whispered, and with that, he walked off.

I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed. I had to keep myself alive. Cris would come and save me soon, right?

He had to.

I somehow took my top off and tied it around the bloodiest wound. I stripped right down everything off.

I tied all my clothes around the wounds as tight as I possibly could. It took all of my last bit of energy. The adrenaline pumped through me, willing me to keep myself conscious.

After a while, the pain was so bad that I blacked out. How I got into the dark room with a small window I do not know.

But I have a feeling we are about to find out.