Ch: 5- I Domesticate Some Strays.

The Goblins surrounded me as I stood outside of the Elder's hut. We were all preparing for the fight that would be coming once the sunset.

I look at them and wince knowing that these guys are far too weak against killing machines like Direwolves.

Me: "Do you all understand our situation?" I asked.

Elder's Son: "Yes." He said saluting with a child Goblin copying him, "We are prepared to fight against the Direwolves even if costs us our lives."

The other Goblins quickly stood straight and squared his shoulders once he was done talking.

Me: "Calm yourself I don't intend on letting any of you die."

I started to think of some ways to keep them safe in the fight, a straight-up close combat fight is out of the question since the wolves would just rip them apart. The closest weapon I've seen them use to being long-range was spears, but even those aren't ideal. We could use a bow and arrows as that would probably be our best bet.

Me: "Ok if we do close range battle you all will die." they gasped at this but I raised my right hand silencing them, "To counter this you all will fight long range. Have any of you ever used a bow and arrows before?"

Male Goblin 6: "My Lord what is a bow and arrow?"

Me: "It's a long-range weapon, it's simple to make but requires practice. Luckily we have numbers, so it should be fine for this fight at least. Gather sticks, strong strings, any kind of feathers you may have, and sharp rocks."

They quickly dispersed following my orders, I turned to the Elder as I spoke.

Me: "You said some made it back take me to them please."

He nodded and walked to the left, it was a small little medic tent-like structure. The walls and felling were made out of yellow leaves, so this definitely needs to be upgraded. Eight Goblins were watching us from the doorway, I could feel all of the other Goblins outside.

What I saw was troubling as I counted only fourteen survivors and they were all severely wounded.

Elder: "We did the best that we could, but it's not enough."

Me: "I'll admit, this is worse than I imagined. They're lucky to still be alive. You did good, while your medical skills need improving it's good enough for now. They are still alive because of it after all."

Me: (I wish I could heal them, I do have my potions but I want to save those for emergencies. "Hey Raphael since you analyzed the potions, do you think we could create a healing gas from [Gas Creation]?")

Raphael: ("Notice! Based on the information of the Full Potion, creating a chemical gas equivalent should be possible. Creating compound.......... Success! Recipe for Healing Mist complete.")

Me: ("You're amazing Raphael!")

Raphael: ("Heh.")

Me: ("Don't be smug."

Raphael: ("Notice! It is your imagination.")

I decide to ignore her as I walk towards the first injured Goblin on my right.

Elder: "My Lord?" He asked confused.

I raise my left hand.

Me: "[Gas Creation]: {Healing Mist}."

Suddenly a light blue smoke shot from my hand and enveloped him. After a few seconds, it stopped as the Goblin woke up fully healed.

No longer injured Goblin: "What the—? My wounds."