EPISODE 7: KANSAS

MOMENTS LATER

MOMENTS LATER...

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

The metallic taste of blood lingered in my mouth, mingling with the sting from the wound on my side

The metallic taste of blood lingered in my mouth, mingling with the sting from the wound on my side. The dim overhead lights flickered sporadically, casting shadows across the machinery and crates surrounding me. I realized my arms were bound tightly behind my back with coarse rope, and as I struggled against my restraints, my muscles protested in painful objection. Footsteps echoed through the room, sending a chill racing down my spine.

"Faye?" I called out.

From the shadows, Dorothy emerged, taking a seat across from me and crossing her legs casually.

"You've been searching for me, Bigby. Now you finally found me."

"I have questions for you," I replied, keeping an eye on her every movement.

"Interesting. But I don't think we've ever been formally introduced," she stated calmly, her piercing blue eyes locked onto mine.

"You made sure of that when your friends attacked me at the motel," I shot back.

"You went snooping, Bigby," she said, a sly smile creeping across her lips, relishing the moment like a cat toying with a cornered mouse.

Dorothy leaned forward slightly, her gaze still fixed on me.

"I started as a killer for hire. That's how I met Cinderella. She's killed Fables too, you know. But when I do it, everyone starts losing their shit."

"So you admit it? You admit to killing all those Fables along with King Cole?" I pressed, desperate for her confession.

"It all began when I was just a little girl in Kansas," she retorted, ignoring my question. "I was innocent then, but I learned quickly. I learned to track, to stalk, to get close without being seen. I learned when to strike and how to make a murder look like an accident so no one would suspect me."