EPISODE 2: SARA

I AM THE EGGMAN DINER

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

"You wanted to meet me here again," I say, breaking the silence

"You wanted to meet me here again," I say, breaking the silence. "So what did you need?"

Faye takes a deep breath, her eyes darting out the window as the snow begins to fall. "It's about another case. Another missing persons case. She's a Mundy."

I raise an eyebrow. "You know I can't get involved with that."

Faye pulls out a folder and slides it across the table to me. I flip it open, revealing a picture of a young girl.

"Her name is Sara," Faye began, "She went missing 3 days ago. And I've been working like hell to try to find any leads but.. nothing."

"And you need my help?" I ask, sliding the folder back over to her.

Faye nods, closing the folder and slipping it back into her bag.

"This reminds me of Elizabeth's case," she admits quietly. "And I don't know what I'd do if another young girl lost her life on my watch."

I hesitate for a moment, thinking about Snow's order. But I shake my thoughts, grabbing my coat and slipping it on. "Fine, I'll help. Where was she last seen?"

"At her school. I've already been there a few times, but maybe with your senses, you could pick up on something I couldn't."

"That's where we'll start then."

10 MINUTES LATER...

SEA GRIM ELEMENTARY

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

The winter chill cuts through the air as we make our way to the school. I scan the area, Faye pointing out the small alley near the edge of the schoolyard. She says that's where Sara parted ways with her friends. She steps ahead, staring blankly at the building, lost in thought. I clear my throat, breaking the silence.