Chapter 11 : Shopping

Siya's POV:

After the tense period between Akshath and me, Rhea suggested a shopping trip to take our minds off things. It seemed like a good idea—a chance to escape the apartment, have some fun, and maybe start mending the cracks in our relationship. Akshath was reluctantly on board, and he agreed to come along with Rhea and me, despite his reservations.

We set off on a Saturday morning, and the atmosphere was surprisingly light. Akshath, Rhea, and I wandered through the bustling streets of Mumbai, enjoying the vibrant energy of the city. 

The day was sunny, and the warmth of the sun seemed to bring a touch of optimism to our outing.Rhea, ever the fashion enthusiast, was determined to make this shopping trip memorable. 

We entered a trendy boutique, and she immediately began browsing through racks of colorful clothes and stylish accessories. Her enthusiasm was infectious, and before long, she had picked out a few outfits for me to try."Come on, Siya," Rhea said, holding up a chic western dress with a playful grin. "You have to try this one. It's perfect for you."I hesitated, looking at the dress with a mix of uncertainty and curiosity.

 I had always preferred simple, traditional attire, especially since it was more practical for my demanding job at the hospital. Western dresses were outside my comfort zone, but Rhea's excitement was hard to ignore."Are you sure?" I asked, feeling a bit self-conscious."Absolutely!" Rhea insisted, nudging me towards the fitting rooms. "You might be surprised. It'll be fun!"With a sigh, I took the dress into the fitting room and tried it on.

 The dress was a vibrant blue with a modern cut, flattering yet a little bold for my usual style. When I stepped out, the reaction from Akshath and Rhea was immediate.Rhea's eyes lit up, and she clapped her hands excitedly. "Oh my gosh, Siya, you look amazing! The color is perfect on you, and the cut highlights your figure beautifully."Akshath's reaction was more subdued, but I could see a genuine smile spreading across his face. He gave me an approving nod and said, "You look great, Siya. I never realized how good you'd look in something like this."I blushed slightly, feeling a mix of self-consciousness and pleasure at their reactions. "Do you really think so? It feels a bit... different."Rhea laughed and wrapped an arm around me. "Different can be good! It's a nice change, and it makes you look so vibrant."

We spent the next few hours trying on various outfits, with Rhea encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone and Akshath occasionally offering his input. Each new outfit brought a fresh round of compliments and laughter, and it was clear that the shopping trip was starting to lift our spirits.

Akshath's POV:

Watching Siya try on different outfits was an eye-opener. I had always known her as someone who preferred practicality and simplicity, especially given the demanding nature of her job. Seeing her in a variety of western dresses was a reminder of how multi-faceted she was.When she stepped out in that vibrant blue dress, I was struck by how beautiful she looked. It was a side of her I hadn't seen before—confident, radiant, and relaxed. Rhea's enthusiasm was contagious, and I found myself genuinely appreciating how much this day seemed to be improving Siya's mood."Seeing you in these outfits," I told her, "it's like I'm getting to know a new side of you. It's really nice to see you enjoying yourself."

Siya's reaction was a mix of surprise and bashfulness. She seemed hesitant at first, but the genuine compliments from both Rhea and me started to lift her spirits. Her smile grew wider with each positive reaction, and it was heartening to see her start to relax and have fun.

Rhea's POV:

Rhea's perspective was filled with excitement as she watched Siya embrace the new fashion. Rhea was always passionate about helping her friends feel good about themselves, and this shopping trip was a chance to do just that. She was thrilled to see Siya stepping out of her comfort zone and discovering a new side of herself."Siya, you're a natural!" Rhea exclaimed, giving her a thumbs-up.

 "You've got this whole new vibe going on. It's like you're a completely different person."Seeing the positive impact on Siya made Rhea feel accomplished. She knew how important it was for Siya to feel good about herself, especially after everything she had been through. The joy and confidence that started to shine through Siya were exactly what Rhea had hoped for.

The Aftermath:

As the day came to an end, the three of us walked back to the apartment with bags full of new clothes and a newfound sense of camaraderie. The shopping trip had been more than just a retail therapy session; it had been a chance for us to reconnect, to heal, and to rediscover ourselves in the midst of everything that had happened.

For Siya, the day had been a refreshing change, a reminder that she was more than just her struggles and fears. For Akshath and Rhea, it was an opportunity to show their support and appreciation for her in a way that went beyond words.As we settled back into the apartment, the mood was lighter, and the bond between us felt stronger. The shopping trip had been a small victory in the larger journey of rebuilding trust and friendship, and it was a step toward a more positive and supportive future together.