Chapter 1 :- The arrival

Sophie woke up to the sound of her alarm blaring in her ear, groggily reaching over to turn it off and sitting up in her bunk bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She looked around the small hostel room, taking in the familiar sights of her bookshelf, desk, and closet, and the stunning view of the Swiss Alps outside her window. But her gaze landed on a new face standing in the doorway - a boy with messy brown hair and bright brown eyes, who seemed to be taking in everything around him. Mrs. Müller, their teacher, bustled in, announcing that this was Ali, Sophie's new roommate from Pakistan. Sophie barely managed a nod in response, feeling a twinge of competitiveness and uncertainty. As Mrs. Müller handed out assignments, Sophie and Ali worked in silence, the only sound being the scratching of pens on paper and the occasional rustle of pages turning. But as they worked, Sophie couldn't help but steal glances at Ali, trying to get a read on him. "Hey, Ali, how's it going?" Sophie asked, breaking the silence. "It's going good, thanks," Ali replied, looking up from his work. "Just trying to get used to everything." "Yeah, I know what you mean," Sophie said, nodding. "But I think I'm going to ace this assignment." Ali raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? I think I'm going to do better than you." Sophie smirked. "We'll see about that." And with that, the debate began. Sophie and Ali went back and forth, arguing over answers and solutions, their voices growing louder and more heated by the minute. Mrs. Müller had to intervene, reminding them to keep it down and focus on their work. But the tension between Sophie and Ali was palpable, and it was clear that their rivalry was only just beginning. As the day went on, Sophie couldn't shake off the feeling that her life was about to change in ways she never imagined.