Chapter 10: A Sincere Apology

Ali stood outside Sophie's room, hesitant to enter. He knew she was upset, and he didn't blame her. He took a deep breath, turned the handle, and stepped inside.

Sophie lay on her bed, her face buried in a pillow, and her body covered with a blanket. Ali could hear her muffled sobs and felt a pang in his heart. He approached her slowly and sat down beside her.

"I'm so sorry, Sophie," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Sophie shook her head, her voice muffled by the pillow. "Go away, Ali."

But Ali didn't move. Instead, he removed his shirt and slipped under the blanket, wrapping his arms around Sophie's waist. He buried his face in the pillow beside hers and held her close.

"I'm really sorry, Sophie. I was stupid to speak up in class. I didn't mean to hurt you," he whispered.

Sophie's sobs subsided, and she turned to face him. Her eyes were red and puffy, but Ali could see the faintest glimmer of hope in them.

"I also have feelings for you, Sophie. But I didn't know how to confess. I was scared," Ali said, his voice trembling.

Sophie looked at him, her expression softening. "You should have told me, Ali. Not in front of the whole class."

Ali nodded, his face inches from hers. "I know. I'm so sorry. Can you ever forgive me?"

Sophie's gaze searched his, and then she nodded slightly. Ali's heart leapt with joy, and he kissed her softly on the lips.

"I forgive you, Ali. But next time, tell me in private, okay?" Sophie said, a small smile on her face.

Ali grinned, relief washing over him. "I promise, Sophie. I promise."