Chapter 7 :- The swimming pool

Sophie and Ali's rivalry continued to escalate, with neither willing to give an inch. One day, their school organized a swimming competition, and Ali's friends dared him to participate. Sophie, confident in her own athletic abilities, joined in as well.

As they arrived at the pool, Sophie realized with a jolt that she didn't know how to swim. Ali's friend, noticing her hesitation, pushed her in as a joke. Sophie panicked, flailing in the water.

Ali, seeing her struggle, dove in without hesitation. He swam up to Sophie and pulled her to safety.

As they emerged from the pool, Sophie was furious. "What was that for?!" she demanded.

Ali grinned mischievously. "Just wanted to see if you could keep up."

Sophie's eyes narrowed. "You know I can't swim!"

Ali chuckled. "Oh, I didn't know that. But don't worry, I saved you. Just don't think this means we're in love or whatever. I just didn't want you to drown."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "As if I would ever think that!"

But as she looked into Ali's eyes, she felt a flutter in her chest. She quickly pushed the feeling aside, not wanting to admit that she might be developing feelings for her rival.

Little did she know, Ali was hiding his own feelings. As he looked at Sophie, he couldn't help but feel a strong attraction to her. But he was determined to keep it a secret, at least for now.

(To be continued...)