Chapter 8 :- The Secret Admirer

Ali was rummaging through his backpack when he found a mysterious note tucked away in a corner. He unfolded it and read the contents, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Hey, Sophie! I need to talk to you about something," Ali said, approaching her desk.

Sophie looked up from her book, a hint of wariness in her eyes. "What is it?"

Ali handed her the note. "I found this in my backpack. I think you might know something about it."

Sophie's eyes scanned the note, and her face turned bright red. "Oh, that... uh... I was just messing around with my friends."

Ali raised an eyebrow. "Really? Because it looks like a love confession to me."

Sophie's eyes met Ali's, and she saw the hint of a smile playing on his lips. She took a deep breath and decided to confess.

"Okay, fine. I wrote it. And yes, it's true. I have feelings for you, Ali."

Ali's expression changed from surprise to discomfort. "Sophie, I... uh... I don't feel the same way. I'm not interested in love right now."

Sophie's face fell, but she tried to hide her disappointment. "Oh, okay. No big deal."

Ali looked at her with a sympathetic smile. "Hey, it's not that I don't value our friendship. I just don't have time for romance right now."

Sophie nodded, trying to appear understanding. "Yeah, no worries. I get it."

But as they parted ways, Sophie couldn't help but feel a pang of rejection. She had hoped that Ali might feel the same way, but now she realized that their rivalry was all they had.