01 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

FLASHBACK...

The night had descended into its deepest, inkiest hue. With every ounce of strength, the 15-year-old boy raced to escape not just his past, but also the excruciating pain, haunting trauma, and endless suffering that had tormented him. He was escaping from those inhuman monsters who lurked, disguised as ordinary humans.

His breath was ragged, his legs ached, and his throat was parched from hours of relentless running. His piercing sapphire eyes scanned his surroundings in a frantic search for safety. People passed by, minding their own business, while the streets echoed with the rattling of numerous vehicles bustling and blaring their horns.

He placed his trembling hands on his knees and bent his upper body a bit to calm his aggressive breathing. He heaved while trying to search for a public water cooler to quench his thirst, but he found none.

Taking a wary glance over his shoulder, he checked if someone was following him or not. To his relief, it looked like those inhuman people had lost their way to him who were following him.

Exhaling a heavy breath, he carefully navigated the bustling intersection and continued down the street, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of trace. In the distance, the colorful lights and joyful sounds of a carnival flagged to him as a light of safety. With a plan forming in his mind, he swiftly made his way inside, seeking a hideout amidst the lively crowds where he could easily blend in and avoid spotting.

Stepping into the carnival grounds, he found himself surrounded by a sea of joyful faces, the air filled with laughter and excitement. Adults and kids were having fun. He was really hungry but he had no money so he couldn't afford to purchase anything at the moment. As he observed the carefree amusemenrt around him, a pang of longing and despair washed over him.

Desperately trying to avert his gaze from everything, he hurriedly rushed to an empty corner behind the bustling game shops. There, he sat down, curling his body into a small, hidden retreat, he buried his face in his knees, hopelessly

The weight of everything around him pressed down on him, engulfing him in a suffocating cloud of darkness. His life felt like an endless maze of despair, a stark contrast to the joyful laughter of children enjoying with their families. And he was alone, haunted by his past, he wandered, feeling the pang of hunger and the dryness of unquenched thirst, each step carrying the weight of hopelessness. Why his life was so fucked up?

"Hello"

He heard a soft, warm voice. He lifted his head and looked up to find a girl staring at him. She was wearing a pink frock, holding a doll, and had her hair tied up in a ponytail. Her face had smooth skin, golden brown eyes, and pink plump lips.

"Why are you so sad?" she asked, making a cute pout. Concern was visible in her eyes. He didn't respond and turned his face away from her, making her unhappy.

"If you don't have any playmates, you can play with me. Don't sit here, someone will kidnap you." She said to him who was ignoring her presence.

He thought she was going to leave, but she was still standing, waiting for his reply. He turned to look at her again and noticed that she looked sad seeing him alone. But why? he thought.

"Baby, where were you? I was looking for you everywhere." He listened a woman coming there. She seemed to be worried.

"Let's Go your..." Her words remained incomplete as she saw that boy sitting there. The girl looked upwards at that woman and said "Mumma he is sitting here alone." She said upsetly tugging her lips upwards sadly.

"Hey boy! Why are you sitting here in this corner?" Her mother asked him who was staring at both of them without any expressions.

"I was not feeling well, so that's why...not any issue." He replied. Her mother was still not satisfied by his answer, then she clutched her daughter's palm and said "Let's go baby, your dad is waiting for you."