Chapter 1: The Rage-Filled Warrior Awakens

"W-Wait! All Might!", Midoriya called out.

"Hm?"

"Is it possible for someone who's quirkless to be a hero? S-Someone like me?"

"Sorry kid. Quirkless people aren't strong, and you have to be strong to be a hero. You can't be a hero, my boy. I'm terribly sorry."

"O-oh. Thanks anyways, All Might"

"Think nothing of it, my boy. Now, I really must be going."

        As All Might jumped off and away from the roof with a gust of wind, Izuku Midoriya stayed on that roof with a dejected look on his face. Ever since he was diagnosed quirkless, he was belittled by everyone. Katsuki Bakugo, a boy whom he thought of as a friend, abused him, bullied him, called him weak. After having his dreams crushed by both his idol and his former friend and bully, he was heartbroken. But that heartbreak and grief at having his aspirations stomped quickly started to turn into something else. Fury. Izuku started to shake. Imperceptibly at first, but then the shaking became more and more noticeable after a while. This shaking was not of a boy struggling to hold back his tear. This shaking was of a boy slowly building up his anger. The words of his tormentors, his idol, and even the words of his own mother rang through his head.

        "You can't be a hero, my boy."

"Shut up, you stupid Deku!"

"You're quirkless, you can't do anything!"

"I'm sorry, Izuku."

And most prevalent,

"If you want a quirk, take a swan dive off the roof and pray you'll get a quirk in your next life!"

        As these voices went through Izuku's head, the shaking became even more and more obvious. The hidden emotions, the ones he had buried for so long threatened to rise to the surface. And Izuku let them.

        The voices grew louder, and louder, and louder, and louder, and louder, and louder, and STOP!

        Izuku began to clutch at his head. The grief, sorrow, hopelessness, and self-pity bubbled like they were thrown into a boiling pot, and those emotions combined into a new one, which overshadowed them all.

Pure, all-encompassing

RAGE

        With a guttural scream of pure fury, Izuku transformed. Where a few seconds ago stood a short, meek, scrawny green haired kid, now stood a tall, muscular, black-haired boy. Izuku, with his teeth gritted in pure rage, his immense power, and large green aura. His aura caused a dent in the concrete floor of the roof, and rubble started to fly away from him. The area around Izuku experienced gale-force winds. As his aura whipped around him, he shouted two names. "ALLLLLL MIIIIIGGHHHHT! BAKUGOOOOOOOOO!"

        Seconds after yelling those names, Izuku fell to one knee, energy completely drained. He felt as if he had just ran 10 miles non-stop after not sleeping for 3 days. Suddenly, the wind stopped just as soon as it began.

"What happened to me?", Izuku thought tiredly. "Last thing I remember, All Might told me I couldn't be a hero, and now I'm on one knee, shaking with exhaustion. Wait, shouldn't I be passing ou- oh there we go." Izuku collapsed to the ground, passed out. Whether from exhaustion or the hurricane of feelings he just had was anyone's guess.

(A/N. Hey everyone. Coal_Vein here. This fic idea has been sitting on my mind for a while, but my lazy ass just hasn't had the motivation to do it. So here i am, typing this draft on my phone at 10:30 at night. Apologies if there are bad shifts with the active tone, POV, tense, etc. i will be including a couple TFS references, and quite a few references to a certain franchise with wish-granting orbs. I have no idea how i'm going to write this, so I will be experimenting with a few other writing styles in the coming chapters. This is also my first piece of fanfiction, so feel free to laugh at me if my work is cringe or just flat-out bad i guess lol. Thoughts and suggestions on how to improve are appreciated! Thanks for reading! Sorry for making you read all this a/n lol.)

(Word count: 659)