four🩸

After storming out of the dining room, Miyeon got dressed in her night gown and hurried into her bed to go to sleep but she couldn't fall asleep

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't. Fear washed over her as she sunk in and realised what she had done. How could I had been so stupid? I slapped Jaeyun. A whole ass vampire who could probably kill me in just a blink of an eye.

After hours of tossing and turning in her bed, Miyeon soon got up from her bed and exited her room to have a walk around the castle to help in clearing her mind and maybe then she would be able to finally go to sleep.

However, as she stepped outside, a hand firmly gripped her hand and pulled her towards the side. At first she thought it was Jaeyun who was probably waiting for her so he could threaten her but it was someone worst.

What are you doing, in your opinion? Rather, it was her incredible stepmother, Queen Jiwoo.

With her heart racing from the shock and the pain of Jiwoo's remarks, Miyeon withdrew her arm. "I had trouble falling asleep," she said, attempting to maintain her composure. "I needed some air."

A sarcastic smirk twisted Jiwoo's lips. Couldn't get any sleep, did you? I take it that your stupid behaviour during supper has troubled you. Why did you strike him in that manner? What kind of trouble have you caused? Do you know?"

Miyeon's face hardened. "I was standing up for what's right. He was hurting someone—"

"Enough of your self-righteous nonsense!" Jiwoo snapped, her voice sharp and low. "Do you think this is some sort of game? You are soon to marry into one of the most powerful families in the world and you're acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum."

"I won't stand by and let him treat people like they're nothing. Someone has to—"

"And you think that someone is you?" Jiwoo cut in, her voice dripping with disdain. "You're nothing more than a pawn in this Miyeon. Do not overestimate your importance in all of this."

As Jiwoo turned to leave, Miyeon could not hold back her frustration anymore. The words spilled out before she could stop herself.

"You're not even true royalty, Jiwoo," Miyeon muttered, her voice cutting through the tense silence like a knife. "So stop acting like you belong here."

Jiwoo froze mid-step, her spine straightening then slowly turned back to face Miyeon. Her eyes were like ice narrowing dangerously as her lips curved up into a cold smile. "What did you just say?" she asked, her tone deceptively calm but was laced with venom.

Miyeon stood her ground, "You heard me mother. You married into this family, clawing your way into a position of power, but you will never truly be one of us. You don't care about this kingdom or its people. You only care for yourself and all the luxuries you get from being royalty."