02 | lover

Taylor had her shades on as she strolled through the airport, her overstuffed suitcase with her

Taylor had her shades on as she strolled through the airport, her overstuffed suitcase with her. Every time she came back to Oklahoma her heart always felt heavy, but this time it was also puttering with excitement. She made a point to go home at some point to see her parents.

She saw the code name they used on a sign and Tyler's cowboy hat making her smile. The group of them have been non-stop messaging back and forth ever since the first day Dani contacted her.

And the entire world went crazy when she announced her natural disaster charity. The others she found didn't have her name on them, but this one was all out there. She saw a lot of love from those already affected and she promised them in a tweet they too will get relief from this.

Boone wrapped her into a hug and twirled her around before passing her over to Tyler. Her feet didn't even touch the ground.

She laughed and a had smile on her face. "You guys have no idea how excited I am," she said as they led her out of the airport, both having an arm wrapped around her and the other having a suitcase.

"You know Dani, this is Lilly - two L's - and Dexter," Tyler said introducing her to the rest of the group. She shook hands with all of them and Dani took her luggage.

"Woooooo! Baby's first tornado!" Boone yelled as he pushed her to a huge red truck that was decked out in excitement.

"We're going now?" Taylor squeaked with a little fear and excitement. She didn't know when they were planning on doing it, but there's nothing more the present.

Tyler grinned back at her as he started up the truck. "There's some nice cells brewing in some fields we came through to pick you up."

Boone recorded her the entire time, joking around with her. She was joking back the entire time, feeling completely relaxed. It had been a long time since she was this relaxed.

Then the clouds started to get darker and the rain started to pelt the truck. She leaned forward in her seat, eager to see how this all played out.

Then the radio cut in with her voice. "I'll leave my window open. 'Cause I'm too tired at night to call your name. Just know I'm right here hoping that you'll come in with the rain."

Boone, Tyler, and Taylor shared a look before bursting out laughing as the rain started to get heavier. Then a little funnel began to come down from the sky, Boone's camera glued to her face.

"Alright, strap up!"

"Woooo! We're going into the suck zone, baby!" Boone cheered as she strapped up. They had shown her before they had left how to do it. She strapped it in as they got closer and closer. Her hand shook in excitement as Tyler floored it. She squealed as the car bounced.

Then it went straight into the tornado.

Taylor was terrified but felt oddly at peace while inside the swirling vortex. Maybe it's because it seemed to represent her life. A swirling mass of chaos. Tyler hit and button and there were some whirling noises before it seemed the car got stuck in the ground.