Masked Desires Cowboy AU PT 4/5

Summary: Wanting to get a break from your small town and experience the city life you and your best friend attend a masquerade ball. One thing needs another and you end up in bed with your dad's best friend. How are you supposed to act around him when you're forced to spend the summer together?

Tags: Vulgar language, ranch/farm stuff, Miguel as a cowboy, reader is indicated to be 21+, dad's best friend, painfully yet realistic family dynamic, angst angst angst 4.6k words

A/N: The last 2 parts are upppp! I only decided to split them up because it ended up being too long so it's mainly a lot of problem-solving in this part and then all the fun, tears(well more tears) smut, and epilogue is in part 5. As always thanks for reading!Mwah<333

•°~°•

You're getting ready for bed when you hear a knock on your door. You really don't have the energy to deal with people right now but you open the door anyway.

"Sasha?" You watch as your friend barges through your room before sitting on your bed. Way to make herself comfortable. "Alright I was giving you space but now I need to know what's up why is Miguel no longer here and why is your sister fighting so damn much to get in his pants?" You pause unsure of what to say you decide to think it over before you tell her everything. By the time you're done, she's sitting there with her eyes widened if you might be sure they would've bludged out of her head by now.

"Wow, she's crazier than I thought. So what are we going to do? We can jump her and hide her away until you guys are ready to come out to your parents" If your head wasn't a complete mess right now you would've laughed. Sighing you take a seat next to Sasha wrangling through your thoughts trying to figure out your next move.

"I don't know that seems a little much even for you Sasha"

"Well you can't just let her win you really like him it would be stupid if you just let him do that especially if it's because of your dumb sister"

"Don't you think I know that?" You pause, rubbing your hands over your face. "I know it's just not that easy and I've missed the chance to talk to him this whole thing is just dumb maybe I should just let her-"

"Uh-huh, we are not doing this. You are going to fight for your man. Don't let her control you. Don't let your fear control you. Besides, you're leaving soon, aren't you? You shouldn't care about your dad right now." The sadness in her voice is as clear as day, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You hate to leave your best friend, but it's something that you need to do. You can't stay here any longer.

"I'm sorry you know I'll come and visit you whenever hell you can even join me whenever I start to travel" You lean forward and pull her in for a hug and this time being in her embrace you can't help it as the tears escape from your eyes. Sasha has been more of a sister to you than your own blood sister so parting from her feels worse than ever.

"You know I won't allow that I'll give you a 6 month grace period before I'll decide to tag along with you. You're made to fly not be cooped up forever once I know that you've spread your wings I'll join you. You know I can't stay long away from my bestie" When you hear her sniffles you know that she's feeling just as much as you are. You both pull away and she tucks a girl away from your face. "How much more do you need anyway if you need my help then I can-" You cut her off before she can even finish that thought. She's been trying to help you for the longest her and her family are well off their business is going a little better than yours plus she works outside of her family's business so you know she has more than enough money to help you. But you won't do that to her this is something you need to do on your own.

"Not that much I just need a few hundred left and then my rent will be covered for the next year not to mention the extra money I'm getting from being a professor and tutoring" That comment that Miguel made about you disappearing every Friday those are the nights you have a class to teach. You've been doing it for the past 2 years ever since you graduated. You would be earning more money if you worked full time but you could only allow yourself to sneak off every Friday otherwise your dad would get suspicious. You haven't told Miguel about this and truthfully you hope he doesn't find out you don't know how's he going to react to you wanting to leave town. That was one of the main reasons why you didn't want to start something with him in the first place. And now you're going to lose him all because you wanted a chance of happiness. You pause blinking back the fresh set of tears that stings your eyes.