Chapter 4. Yoga

"So, Takao's just... gone?" April whispers. 

     The team had returned from their night out. Master Splinter and Leonardo awaited their return. Leo didn't say anything about them leaving the lair, yet.

     "I will inform Miss White and Mr. Jones of his departure in the morning," Master Splinter says. He turns his attention to Athena and Casey. "It would be wise if your families left as soon as possible, before the inevitable arrival of Sasha."

     Athena and Casey lowered their heads. They glanced at each other, then at their friends. Athena fixated her gaze on Raphael, who offered a reassuring smile.

     "Your training will continue first thing in the morning," Splinter warns. "Get some sleep."

     Master Splinter left for his room. The rest did not yet leave, anticipating Leo to scold them.

     "And absolutely no more sneaking out," Leo orders.

     "We didn't really sneak out," Raph retorts. "You were just too busy to notice."

     Leo shot daggers at his brother. "No more."

     Raph stands. He rolls his eyes. "Whatever you say, Fearless."

     The others watched as Raph left for his room. Once out of sight, their eyes returned to the leader. He stood and made his way to his room. They were expecting to be chewed out much more than they were. Compared to Leo's other lectures, this was hardly a slap on the wrist.

     No one questioned it, though. And no one waited around for the leader to change his mind and call them all back for scolding. Everyone exchanged goodnights and departed for their rooms. 

     For Leonardo, the night was restless. Any sleep he did get was in very short increments. He didn't know for sure, but it seemed every hour that he woke up. Leo just could not stop thinking. He felt so guilty and with Takao gone, he worried even more. His anxiety would always turn into anger. His chest grew heavier and his face tighter. Leo could hardly handle it. 

     After hours of wrestling and turning, Leo finally sat straight up. The clock read three in the morning. He didn't mind starting his day so early. It was becoming much more common for him as the number of terrible nights increased. 

      Leo's first destination was the dojo. He desperately needed to get out of his room and meditate. Clear his head. Clear his anger. 

     He stretched his arms over his head as he entered. Leo stopped as soon as he passed the doorway. Towards the right of the room, he noticed Carrie. She stood, bent at the waist, in a triangle yoga pose. Leo froze, confused. He wasn't expecting anyone to be in the dojo and certainly not Carrie this early in the morning.

     When she noticed him, Carrie stood upright and frantically pulled her earbuds out of her ears. "I'm sorry." Her cheeks, already red from the workout, flush brighter. "I didn't know you were going to be meditating this morning."

     "This morning?"

     "Oh, uh." Carrie nods. An embarrassed smile crosses her lips. "I, uh, I've noticed the days you like to meditate and I didn't want to bother you. You don't usually meditate this early on Thursdays."

     Leo frowns for a moment. He hadn't realized his bursts of extreme stress were becoming so routine. "Just a rough night," Leo says. "I, um, I can go, though."

     Carrie shakes her head. "No, no. I just didn't want to interrupt you or bother you. I can leave."

     "It's okay." Leo smiles softly. "You aren't going to bother me. Would I be bothering you?"