❛ 41 ❜

𝓟𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓨𝓸𝓾

Chapter Forty One

You woke up the next morning without your husband beside you. It may be a typical morning for everyone, but for you, today is special. It's been 2 years since you and Sanemi married each other.

Though he did not remember such day, you still wanted to celebrate it with him once he gets home.

You've been thinking about what gift you will give to him for the past few weeks and you have no idea what you should give.

You felt like having matcha so you get up to make yourself a warm drink to start the day. You boil water first and then start opening the windows and doors, allowing the natural light to enter your home.

But once you opened the door, you saw your husband."Happy anniversary," Sanemi said with a rare smile, standing at your doorstep with a white dog on a leash. The sight of him with the dog caught you off guard, filling you with a sudden rush of joy.

You couldn't contain your happiness and hurried over to him, wrapping your arms around his neck in a tight hug, even though you had to tiptoe to reach him. He responded by pulling you closer, his arms securely around your waist.

"I thought you forgot," you admitted, your voice a mix of relief and joy.

"Why would I?" he replied, his tone soft as he pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek, sending a warm flush across your face.
"Look, I even found you a gift."

You leaned back slightly, still holding onto him, and looked down at the dog sitting obediently at his side. The dog woofed softly, wagging its tail in a friendly greeting. You wanted to bend down to pet the fluffy creature, but your growing belly made that difficult.

"Where did you get this cutie?" you asked, your eyes shining with curiosity as you admired the adorable dog.

Sanemi glanced down at the dog with a small smile, remembering the events from the previous night.

Last Night

Sanemi had been sent on a mission, just an hour away from home. The village had been plagued by a demon, and it didn’t take him long to eliminate the threat. The battle was swift, and as usual, Sanemi emerged victorious without breaking a sweat.

As he was making his way back, a white dog suddenly appeared, bounding towards him with excitement. The dog had an air of familiarity, as if it had been waiting for him. Its bright eyes and wagging tail made it impossible for him to just walk away.

The dog had a collar but no owner in sight, and when Sanemi knelt down to check the tag, he found nothing but the name "Yuki" written on it.

He kneeled down to pet it which the dog loves. He smiled to see it playfully approached him.

He decided to feed it with the food you made because it may look so cheerful, it is clear that this dog hasn't been eating for days.