❛ 24 ❜

𝓟𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓨𝓸𝓾

Chapter Twenty Four

"Where is he?"  His pale violet eyes pierced on you. They look darker than his usual stare. His blood boils inside, he didn't know what jealousy feels like, not until this time.

He felt something hammering nails into his chest when he remembered that you wanted to wear the one he gave you because it was special to you. The thought of you wearing a gift from someone else, replacing the ones that he gave, even if it was just a simple hair ornament, made his jealousy flare up all over him.

"I let it slide when you approached him during the Hashira meeting, and now you're receiving gifts from him?" His voice was a mix of frustration and hurt, his pale violet eyes darker than usual as they were locked into yours.

You took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. "It was just a gift," you explained gently. "There's nothing more to it."

"A gift for what? Damn I'm going to kill that bastard." He muttered, ready to leave to hunt him down. You didn't expect him to act like this over that thing you thought wasn't that much of a big deal.

But for him, it is huge. It's a huge deal for your husband that you went out with the water hashira, in which he hated the most. 

The strength you have, you tip toed to reach his shoulders and place your hands on his well built shoulders to held him down.  "Calm down an listen, okay?"

"Did you invited him over our home?" His raspy voice, almost raised, he asked you. By the way you see it, he's bursting in anger.  "What, no!" You retorted softly to defend your side.

You are panicking inside as a flood of thoughts runs through your mind. What if he causes a scene at Giyuu's home? What if he challenges Giyuu to a battle, or worse, what if he decides to leave you for receiving a gift from another man?

Although you start to feel anxious, you do your best to calm him down. Taking deep breaths, you speak soothingly, trying to ease the tension in the air. Slowly, he relents, his shoulders relaxing as he decides to listen to you. You both sit on the floor, facing each other.

"Okay, here's what happened, I accompanied him to buy a fish to a fish shop because he wanted to raise a fish." You started and his eyes were locked on you while listening.

You wanted to melt due to the pressure you're feeling just because of his cold eyes."So, he got what he wanted and we had lunch together."

"So you're having lunch with another man now huh?" He's about to draw his sword but luckily your hands were fast to prevent him from drawing it out.
"I'm not finished, so listen, okay?" Then again, you tried to calm your husband that looks like an errupting volcano.
You felt your palm was sliced because it wasn't his hands that you caught, it was his sword.

He didn't notice it. He decided to calm down and let out a sigh as he settled back on the seat.  "So we had a chat while having lunch, he told me he doesn't really wanted to bother me on going out with him but I am his last resort because he has no one to accompany him."
You hide your bloody hands underneath your kimono and as seconds pass, it becomes more stingy.

"Tch,lame reason."

"He also said that he wanted to be friends with you." His face twitched in irritation, "Friends, then what? Just to see you everyday?" He scoffs," I wouldn't want to be a friend to someone that is so full of themselves."

" What do you mean? He's the most down to earth person I know." You explained to him, but it even made his blood boil even more.

"You barely know him, Y/n. He's the type of person who doesn't get along with others because he looks down on them."
You know its different when he calls you by your name. He rarely uses that.

"But-" "So you're defending him now huh?" He cut you off before you could even continue explaining.

"But you must know the reason why he wanted to raise some fish." 

" Then, spit it out." He ordered, impatience is visible on her tone and expression.  He folds his arms to listen to you. You cleared your throat before starting.

"He said that the reason why the wanted to raise a fish is so that he can talk about it with Shinobu-san. That's why I thought that he probably liked Shinobu-san."

He seems convinced but apparently his attention is shifted back to your new hair ornament.

"Then What's the meaning of that? Why did he give you that? Does he like you and Shinobu at the same time?" Pointing at the pink Sakura ornament on your hair.

"He gave it to me as a thank you gift.I just arrived home 10 minutes earlybefore you so I tried it on then, you came. You know that I will not leave you for another, right?" He didn't say anything and just took the hair ornament off you. He stare at it for a while and place it on the floor.

"I'll buy you a lot of those, just don't wear that trash." His voice now calmed down and soft.

Inside him seems to calm down when he listens to your explanation. Your final sentence was reassuring. You fought to win his love, that was enough for him to be convinced that you won't leave.

"How about you, you're not going to leave me, right?" Your eyes softened as you looked at him. He paused for a moment, confused by your question.

He wouldn't act like this if he planned to leave you. As someone like him, if he wasn't truly into you, he wouldn't care about you wearing something given by another man. He wouldn't have these intense thoughts of hunting down the Water Hashira if he intended to leave you. He's certain he wouldn't boil with anger if he planned to walk away from you.

"Of course not," he finally replied, voice is firm. "I'm not going anywhere."

Your lips trembled, and your eyes started to water. You felt so relieved after those negative thoughts lingered in your mind.

He panicked when you let out a sob, feeling guilty about the things he had said. "Hey, just..." He moved beside you and pulled you into his chest. His hand reached your cheeks and his thumb wiped your tears off your face.

But then he noticed the red stain on the floor and in your hands.He reached for your hand, seeing the sliced palm. "Fuck, did I do this?Fuck , I'm sorry. " he muttered, realizing he was the cause of your wound. He stood up to grab some water and a cloth to clean it.

"Hold on," he said, his voice filled with concern. "I'll take care of you."

He silently washed your hand in warm water and you flinched while bitting your under lip  to prevent from hissing.
He wrapped it with a bandage to prevent infection.  His rough hand may be hard, but the way he wrapped and handled your wound was filled with gentleness and care.