❛ 13 ❜

𝓟𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓨𝓸𝓾

Chapter Thirteen

The bed creaks as you sit on the edge, dragging your legs on the floor. You attempt to stand although your feet aren't fully healed yet. You want to avoid waking Sanemi, who is sleeping beside you. But before you can plant your feet on the floor, he gets up and crawls over, sitting beside you.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you can wake me up if you need something," he says in a husky, still-sleepy voice.

"I can do it on my own," you reply, not wanting to bother him. You know how tired he is after you both had just gotten home. He clicks his tongue, a sign of irritation. "Fine, go hurt yourself," he says, crawling back to sleep.

You struggle to stand up, limping as you make your way to the kitchen to get a drink of water. You hold onto the walls for support as you move slowly and painfully. But before you can reach the kitchen, stomps echo down the hallway, approaching you.

Sanemi tried to go back to sleep, but he couldn't. He gets up with a groan, worried that you might fall and harm yourself or, worse, put the baby in danger.

He stops in front of you, saying nothing. But you can see the question in his eyes.

"Water," you reply, feeling defeated. After insisting you could manage on your own, here you are, leaning against the wall, unable to take another step due to the pain. Sanemi heads back to the kitchen, returning with a cup of water in his left hand while his right arm wraps around your waist to support you on the way back.

"Damn you, being so hard-headed," he hisses. You remain silent, allowing him to guide you.

Morning comes, and you anxiously get up, realizing you've overslept. But you're greeted by breakfast in bed. "Eat up," Sanemi coldly commands. You rub your eyes, adjusting to the light, and blankly stare at the food, trying to gather your thoughts.

"Are you eating or not? Are you trying to be choosy now? You know I had to cook for you because of your condition," he lectures impatiently, a vein starting to appear on his forehead.

Sanemi has to stay with you for a few days to help since you can't stand on your own. He's become a househusband overnight, cooking for you, feeding you, cleaning the house, changing your bandages, and, most challenging of all, helping you bathe.

"Water is ready," he announces, rolling up his sleeves and exposing his veiny arms. You nod at him, feeling nervous as he carries you bridal style into the bathroom.

He places you on a small chair and sits on a higher one facing your back. You slowly take off your kimono, making him gulp as he sees your exposed back. He helps you remove it, leaving you wearing nothing.

He pours warm water on your body, startling you as it runs down to your legs. He pours another round, then grabs a soap to rub on your back. As his rough hands touch your soft skin, you can't help but feel anxious and nervous. The only sounds are the running water, its dripping drops, and his scrubbing on your back.

From your back, he moves to your neck. He stands up, walks around you, and crouches down with soap in his hand. He notices you've covered your chest since removing your kimono. He starts soaping your shoulders, moving down to your arm. His touch sends electric shocks through you. He harshly grabs your hand away from your chest, staring at it for a second.

"Why feel shy now? As if I didn’t suck that," he remarks, making your cheeks warm and red with embarrassment. Still, he continues down your arm and then to the other. He hands you the soap. "Wash the rest on your own," he commands. You gently take the soap and slowly rub it on the parts of your body he didn’t touch. He returns to his seat, waiting for you to finish.

After a minute, you hand him the soap, and he accepts it. He pours warm water to rinse the bubbles off your body.

After the silent, awkward bath, he wraps a towel around you and carries you back to bed. He gives you the clothes you prepared and lets you dress on your own. Then, he changes your bandage, his touches might be rough but he handled you with care.