Volume 1 | ( Chapter 10) ʚɞ

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ┈┈┈┈

As it turns out, my presence at the Silverstone Grand Duchy wasn't merely a suggestion. Due to how important the child of the grand duchy's birthday is, with many high ranked nobles being present, it wouldn't look good for me to not attend. Even before I became Nirvana, she was only ever present for important gatherings she couldn't avoid.

The day for us to depart from the estate comes, and thankfully, I'm able to head there with my own carriage. Six accompanies me for the journey, and we arrive a couple of days later at the main imperial city of the Aslan empire.

The Silverstone arch Duchy doesn't reside in the city, having a territory they personally control over, but like most high ranking nobles, they own palace properties in and out of the city. As we arrive, the bustling sound of carriages and chatter permit the carriage.

Six stares out of the window.

I know she's still dazed over what happened the night before.

The Silverstone Grand Duchy, nestled in its own territory outside the main imperial city, greets us with a bustling ambiance of carriages and lively chatter. As we arrive, the estate's grandeur and its storied reputation among nobles are evident. Six gazes out of the carriage window, still processing the events of the previous night.

"I managed to find a crystal to test you, my lady," she says, approaching me during my training amidst the manor's serene green landscape.

I pause, swinging my sword before she catches my attention. "Is there something on your mind, Six?"

She hesitates, scratching her cheek beneath the mask before gathering her courage. "You've instructed me to practice my abilities, to understand their limitations."

I raise an eyebrow, prompting her to continue. She explains that with focus, she can see through others' eyes if she touches them, and she can conjure images of their activities, albeit with time limitations. Her powers intrigue me, especially since she revealed her family's unique library—a room accessible through any door in my manor, which transforms into an endless repository of knowledge. It's a resource I've already begun to exploit.

"You wish to see if you can perceive my aura before using the crystal?" I deduce.

She nods eagerly. I extend my hand. "Go ahead. It may prove useful for both of us if you can harness your abilities."

Sitting on a bench, I let Six hold my hand. After a moment, she gasps, withdrawing abruptly. A current passes between us, and her widened eyes meet mine with astonishment. "What was that?" she asks.

I recount the events of the previous night, detailing the unusual surge of energy that seemed to respond to my distress.

"Electricity?" she murmurs, then looks down at me again, her eyes widening. "It looks... like lightning."