Chapter 1

Notes:

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy my attempt at writing. I love playing video games, and one of my all-time favorites is TES V: Skyrim.

Over time, I delved into and fell in love with the game's lore. Just as much as I enjoyed reading fantasy and romance books.

So, I decided to merge these passions and pour what came to mind into this story.

Some dialogue and elements in this attempt are inspired by or directly taken from the original video game dialogues of TES V: Skyrim. These references are woven into the narrative to honor the rich lore and atmosphere of the game.

Please also note that English is not my first language, so there may be some imperfections in the text.

Thank you!

———

1E, 143

The God of Luck once more flipped the golden coin and kept his gaze fixed on it as it fell. 

As the golden coin fell, a loud cry of a baby filled the room. A room dwemer made, a room in Fahlbtharz. 

"Hush now," his hopeless whispers were ignored by the baby.

"Give her here, Sai."

"That never worked before, you know." He replied to the woman. But the woman was insistent, 

"It worked perfectly, you know." 

The Lord of Luck fell silent, not speaking anymore. And he let The Lady of The Dreams, Vaermina, wrap the crying baby in her arms. 

To silence her, for four eras to come.

———

4 E, 187

I remember the sun's rays reflecting off the soldiers' golden helmets, their gleam almost magical. I blinked a few times rapidly, enraptured by the sight. My gaze shifted to meet my mother's, and a sudden wave of fear washed over me. One of the soldiers, clad in resplendent elven armor, stepped forward, a sly grin playing on his lips. His bronze eyes bore into me, as if he could see my very soul and was eager to consume it.

At eight years old, I was as innocent and trusting as any child.

"Niolenyl!" My mother's urgent, silent scream made me turn to face her again. Her hand stretched out towards me, her slender frame trembling, as it always did when she was distressed. The fear of upsetting her was a unique burden I seemed alone to carry in our family.

My eyes darted towards the porch and the front door of our tree house, searching for my father or one of my brothers. Suddenly, a cold touch on my cheek halted me. I didn't flinch, but I felt frozen in place.

The unseen hand turned my face in the direction it desired, and in bewilderment, I allowed it.

Fire flickered in the elf's eyes, sending chills down my spine. My eyes widened, but I dared not look away. "What a lovely name," the high elf spoke with an accent that then seemed almost whimsical, and I remember smiling.