Twenty five | The jotting

Early in the morning

"Mom please don't tell me you had anything to do with Mrs. Shandu's death," Mzwanele was talking to her mom. Mzwanele's mother wondered what could his son know. "What are you talking about?" She asked. Mzwanele was preparing for school and his mother was preparing for work. "Come on mom, you know exactly what I'm talking about," he said. His mother texted the principal [what did you feed my son you monster?]

"Mom, I'm talking to you," he said.

"I'm ignoring you because I don't know what you are talking about," she said.

"I know that Mrs. Shandu didn't commit suicide. The principal kept his note in the office," he said.

Mzwanele's mother thought about the note and remembered that she was the one who left the notes. The principal must have tore her note when she was talking to him. What was the principal going to do? Mzwanele's mother wanted to take the note. "I know the principal was angry at his wife before dying and that he was a dangerous," he said.

"Listen son....I have to tell you something," she said.

Mzwanele wondered what could it be.

Morning in school

Mxolisi was walking alone and Vusi came to him. "What's up Zulu, look man I don't know where to start and I know you think this is weird but I just want to apologize for what I did with Mzwanele," Vusi said in Zulu. Mxolisi remembered what they all did to him.

"There's no need to apologize man. How are you holding up? You know what happened to Aaliyah," Mxolisi asked.

Vusi kept quiet and didn't know what to say.

"Look man it's fine if you don't want to talk about it. I completely understand you'll find time one day," he said.

"How do you do that man? Always acting cool," Vusi asked in Zulu.

"I was taught to never let the past hold your future and being rude means you need help," he replied.

[They both laughed]

Mxolisi saw Thando and his mood changed.

"Not talking to her will make it worse man, I leant my mistake," Vusi said in Zulu. Mxolisi realized that what Vusi said was true and decided to go to her.

Nokwanda saw Mzwanele coming in her way and she tried to ignore him but Mzwanele stopped her. "Hey, are you going to ignore me every day?" He asked. Nokwanda was still mad at Mzwanele and didn't feel safe with him. She ignored him and Mzwanele held her hands, Nokwanda pulled her hands away. "Look I'm sorry for what happened, I wasn't thinking straight," he said.

"You weren't thinking straight? Does Aaliyah's parents know that?" She asked.

Mzwanele was surprised when Nokwanda mentioned Aaliyah's parents.

"I'll take that as a no. Did you even bother to go to Aaliyah's tombstone?" She asked.

Mzwanele kept quiet.

[Nokwanda scoffed]"I'll tell you this once, we are done and forget that we will ever get back together. Nokwanda left Mzwanele hanging. He kept on thinking about what Nokwanda asked her, "did you even bother to go to Aaliyah's tombstone?" He stood there for a while, thinking about that.