Chapter 7

Obi-Wan POV

It's been two years since my duel with Luke. At one point, a few months ago, I had to leave and rescue Leia. Luke insisted that he tag along. He was surprisingly helpful. He kept Leia calm and since he was her age, she felt comfortable opening up to him. The two had a strong friendship. They'd often talk with each other over holo-calls for hours. Luke admitted that he had feelings for Leia, but Satine put a stop to that very quickly, letting him know that Leia is his biological sister. She said that any time our son told us about his crushes, he knew she was telling the truth after I verified the claim. Luke and Aayla were the closest thing to a dyad I've ever seen. Aayla was the more aggressive of the two, she thrived in the heat of battle, while Luke was the more centered of the two. Unlike his sister, he prefers to settle things quickly and peacefully if possible. "You have all the energy contacts? I have a friend who's a doctor on call at all times. Oh! And I..." Satine said worrying over every little thing, "Satine, you do this every time you have a business trip. I led entire campaigns where not one of my men  died." I said, "Yes, however, if a single hair on my babies heads are so much as an inch too short, I'll set aside my pacifistic nature and rip you to shreds." She said, "Oh come here my loves." She said as she hugged our children, "Be good for you father, I love you both so much." She said as she kissed their heads before leaving.

Satine POV

"You're late, madam senator." My attendant, Kala Mark, said handing me my disguise. "We will arrive at Coruscant in a few hours. I suggest you prepare your speech." She said.

"Esteemed members of the senate, I humbly come before you once more begging you for de-escalation of Imperial forces occupying Imperial territories and occupied worlds." I said as my platform hovered toward the center of the chamber. "Senator Mark, you have been a member of this senate for a mere seven years, I'm sure on Axista you are a household name, however here your power is severely limited." Mas Amedda said, "You ask for our trust and aid yet we have never heard of you let alone seen your face!" A faceless senator shouted in the background, "You're right, for so long I have hidden myself from you all I am well aware that I am not popular among you, but I pride myself in my boisterous stance against the escalating violence plaguing our galaxy! For seven years I have been permitted to hide thanks to a false religion my government created. Today you will know me." I said as I uncovered my face and neatly folded the shawl I wore. I heard shocked mutters from my fellow senators, "I hid myself from you all out of fear for my family, for my children, I've seen firsthand what our empire is capable of and it chills me to think of. It was my friend Padmé Amidala who said that democracy did not die in quiet tranquility, but with thunderous applause. We allowed the empire to rise and now it is our duty to guide it into an era of peace." I said I hoped my revelation would inspire the others to join me in my fight, but no one so much as spoke louder than a whisper. "Senator Mark, or should we call you Senator Kryze now?" A man said, "As a fellow recent addition to the Imperial Senate, I admire your courage and conviction. However these attributes alone are not enough to earn my favor. But who am I to forget all you have done for me and my people." He said as his platform hovered out into the open revealing the new senator from Mandalor. "Korkie." I said happy to see my nephew, after he stepped forward several other senators began to show support for my cause.

I extended my trip another two weeks. The kids were disappointed since they had to suffer through their father's cooking. I caught up with my nephew and drew up the first draft for a bill to cut the military budget and increase humanitarian efforts.