Chapter 66: The Secret Loves and the Teasing Sister

The palace of Hastinapur buzzed with activity as Isha settled into her new role among the royal family.

 Her presence had already brought a refreshing change to the court, and her curiosity about palace life often led her to delightful discoveries. 

One sunny afternoon, while chatting with Draupadi and Subhadra in the royal garden, Isha stumbled upon a fascinating topic—secret romantic entanglements among the princes.

Her ears perked up as she overheard snippets of conversations about secret romances. Yudhishthira's affair with Devika, Bhima's connection with Valandhara, Arjuna's relationship with Uloopi, Nakul's affection for Karenumati, Sahadeva's bond with Vijaya, and Duryodhana's romance with Bhanumati were all mentioned. 

The news was like a treasure trove of gossip, and Isha couldn't resist having a bit of fun with it.

Later that day, Isha decided to confront the princes about their clandestine romances. She called a meeting in the garden, her eyes twinkling with mischief. 

Yudhishthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakul, Sahadeva, and Duryodhana gathered, curious about the reason for the impromptu assembly.

"Gentlemen," Isha began, her voice brimming with playful seriousness, "I've heard some very interesting news today. It seems that each of you has been keeping secrets about your romantic lives. Care to explain?"

The princes looked at each other in surprise, their expressions ranging from guilt to embarrassment. 

Yudhishthira, ever the calm leader, attempted to remain composed. "Isha, we didn't realize that our personal matters would become the subject of discussion."*

Isha's grin widened. "Oh, but it's so delightful to find out that you all have been hiding these juicy details from me. I thought I was your dear sister, and yet you kept me in the dark about your love affairs!"

Bhima, trying to suppress a chuckle, said, "It's not that we meant to hide things from you. These are personal matters that we didn't want to burden you with."

Isha dramatically placed a hand over her heart and sighed. "So, you all think that keeping secrets from me is a way to show your affection? How very thoughtful of you!"

The princes were visibly flustered, and their reactions were a mix of discomfort and concern. Arjuna, who was usually confident, found himself at a loss for words. 

"Isha, we didn't know how to share such intimate details with you. We only wanted to protect you from any potential trouble."

Nakul, looking slightly panicked, added, "We're truly sorry. We should have told you sooner. Please don't be upset."

Sahadeva, with a sincere expression, said, "We never wanted to hurt you. You mean so much to us. We just didn't know how to handle this situation."

Duryodhana, who had been quiet until now, finally spoke. "Isha, you are like a sister to us. We kept these matters private out of respect for you, not because we don't care."

Isha's eyes widened in mock surprise. "So, you think that keeping secrets from me is a way to show your love? How could you!"

She began fake crying, her tears of laughter rolling down her cheeks. The princes were caught off guard by her dramatic display.

 Yudhishthira looked like he was about to faint, while Bhima and Arjuna exchanged bewildered glances. 

Nakul and Sahadeva looked around, unsure of how to handle the situation.

The princes' attempts to console Isha were both frantic and comical. 

Yudhishthira, ever the diplomat, stepped forward. "Isha, please don't cry. We value you immensely and would never intentionally hurt you."

Bhima, trying to lighten the mood, added with a grin, "I promise, we'll do whatever it takes to make this right. Just tell us what you want."

Arjuna, clearly anxious, said, "You're our sister, and we never meant to exclude you. Please forgive us."

Nakul and Sahadeva joined in, each trying their own approach. Nakul, with a sheepish smile, offered, "We'll make it up to you. How about we throw a grand feast in your honor?"Sahadeva, looking almost desperate, said, "Please, stop crying. We're heartbroken that we've upset you. We'll do anything to prove our love for you."

The princes' attempts to console Isha were full of comedic mishaps. 

Yudhishthira, in his attempt to calm her, accidentally knocked over a vase, causing a cascade of flowers to fall. 

Bhima, trying to help, tripped over a decorative rug and landed in a pile of cushions. Arjuna, attempting to offer a comforting hug, ended up in a tangled mess of fabric as he stumbled into a curtain.

Nakul, trying to salvage the situation, suggested, "Why don't we have a dance party to cheer you up?" 

His suggestion was met with more laughter as he inadvertently stepped on Sahadeva's foot.

Meanwhile, the Kuru elders, including Bhishma, Dronacharya, Vidura, and Kunti, observed the scene with amusement. 

They discussed the impact of Isha's playful teasing on the palace atmosphere.

Bhishma, with a hearty laugh, remarked, "Isha's antics have truly brought a new energy to the palace. It's heartwarming to see the princes so devoted to her."

Dronacharya, smiling, added, "The light-hearted banter has reminded us of the importance of family bonds. Isha's presence has been a blessing."

Vidura, ever the sage, commented, "Isha's ability to bring joy and laughter to the palace is a testament to her positive impact on all of us."

Kunti, observing with a tender smile, said, "Isha's playful nature has added a new vibrancy to our lives. It's wonderful to see the princes so devoted to her."

As the day came to a close, the palace was filled with laughter and warmth. Isha's playful teasing had brought everyone closer together, and the bonds of affection between her and the Kuru princes were stronger than ever. 

The atmosphere in the palace was one of joy and camaraderie, highlighting the deep connections shared by all.

Hey Guys !

Did you like this chapter ?

Please vote and comment.

Thank You !

~Author Rishi ♥♥♥