Chapter 12: Krishna's Pranks

The sun had begun its descent beyond the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange and pink as dusk approached Hastinapur. The royal palace, a sprawling complex of grandeur and tradition, was beginning to quieten down after a day of activity. However, within its walls, a new kind of excitement was about to unfold—one that involved laughter, mischief, and a series of hilarious pranks.

Krishna, known throughout the land for his playful nature and clever pranks, had found a kindred spirit in Isha Kapoor. Since her arrival, Isha had brought a fresh perspective and infectious energy to the royal court. 

Her attempts at blending into the ancient world were both endearing and entertaining, making her an ideal partner for Krishna's mischievous schemes.

Krishna had been observing Isha's interactions with the court with great amusement. Her modern sensibilities and willingness to embrace the traditions of the era had earned her a special place in his heart. 

He saw in her a rare blend of enthusiasm and humor, qualities that he valued in his own playful endeavors. It was only natural that he would involve her in his latest plan—a plan that promised to bring a smile to everyone's face.

The target of their latest prank was none other than Bhishma, the revered grand elder of the Kuru dynasty. Bhishma, known for his stoic demeanor and unwavering commitment to duty, was a figure of great respect and authority. 

Despite his serious nature, Krishna had always enjoyed finding moments of levity with him. The idea of a prank involving Bhishma's weapons was irresistible.

The plan was simple but brilliant. Krishna and Isha decided to replace Bhishma's weapons with kitchen utensils during a mock battle practice. They knew that Bhishma, with his deep sense of honor and discipline, would be taken completely by surprise. 

The sight of him wielding a spoon or a ladle in place of his revered sword would undoubtedly be a moment to remember. 

The preparation for the prank began in the early evening. Krishna and Isha, with a conspiratorial gleam in their eyes, carefully selected their kitchen utensils. A large spoon, a spatula, a rolling pin, and a ladle were among their choices. 

They giggled as they imagined Bhishma's reaction to these everyday items being mistaken for weapons of war.

With their assortment of utensils in tow, Krishna and Isha sneaked into the armory, where Bhishma's weapons were kept. They worked swiftly but quietly, placing the utensils in place of the swords and shields. 

The once-imposing display of weaponry was now transformed into a comical assortment of kitchen tools.

As they finished their task, Krishna looked at Isha with a satisfied grin. "Are you ready for this? Bhishma's reaction is going to be priceless."Isha's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "I'm ready! This is going to be so much fun." 

Their mischief was nearly complete, but they had one final touch to add. Krishna, with a twinkle in his eye, set up a hidden vantage point from where they could observe the entire scene. He and Isha hid behind a tapestry, their laughter suppressed as they awaited the arrival of their unsuspecting target.

As the practice session was about to commence, Bhishma, clad in his customary battle attire, entered the armory. He moved with his characteristic grace and confidence, preparing for the mock battle that was a part of the day's routine. The other warriors, including the Pandavas and Kauravas, were already gathered and eagerly awaited the start of the practice.

Bhishma's keen eyes scanned the array of weapons before him. He noticed something peculiar but couldn't quite place it. The weapons seemed slightly different, but he attributed the discrepancy to a simple oversight. Unaware of the prank, he picked up what he assumed to be a sword and prepared for the practice.