Fluxing Chaos and Cafeteria talk

Sam and Andres hurried over to the scene while meeting up with the other two concerned UDMs. They stopped at the sight of Nory who was fluxed into a abomination while fluxers squealed in fright and Skriff attempted to calm her down.

"Of course.." Pepper scowled, eyeing the fluxed girl with irritation.

"For fucks sake..." Sam grunted, rubbing his temples as he watched Skriff comfort the beast Nory had turned into.

After a couple of minutes the teacher had successfully managed to calm down the fluxer, pushing the group back towards the bunker for the rest of the morning before Knightslinger could find out what had happened.

Around an hour or two later he finally let the students head out for lunch, keeping Nory there to lecture her about the event from earlier.

"Freedom!" Elliot exclaimed dramatically, almost hitting Andres in the face when he lifted his arms up.

"Watch the hands, smoke bomb." Sam cautioned, pushing Elliot's arm back down to his side.

"Does anyone know where the cafeteria is?.." Pepper asked, furrowing her brows when realizing she had no clue where it was.

The group paused for a moment, glancing around at each other as they pondered quietly. "does anyone know?.."

— — — — —

The group had finally found the cafeteria after running around mindlessly for ten minutes. They sat down at a small table that was empty table by the side of the large room, all the others being occupied by the five classes.

"the colors are blinding me.." Sam groaned, looking around the loud room as he took a seat in between Andres and Pepper.

The group sighed as Nory arrived into the dinning hall and quickly noticed them. She hurriedly slid into the empty seat next to Elliot and took a large bite of his sandwich.

"Hey you want some mustard with that?" The curly haired boy questioned sarcastically, annoyed by the big bite she took out of his food.

Not realizing the sarcasm in his voice, she responded cheerfully, "That sounds good, a bag of chips too!" Nory nodded, wiping her mouth. "And get yourself something nice too~" she patted him on the back, jolting him forward and making smoke come out of his nostrils.

"That's awesome." Nory grinned, seeing Elliot puff out smoke. "Hey Pepper, pass the salt!" she giggled at her own joke, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Never heard that one before." Pepper huffed, looking up from her lunch.

"Hey Nory..." Andres spoke up casually, making the group pause what they were doing to look at him with shocked expressions. aside from Sam none of them had heard him say a word, Nory even having thought he was mute.

"Yeah?" she tilted her head, staring at him in confusion.

"I just had to tell you, that thing you turned into.." Andres paused, pushing back his hood.
"That was kinda like a bird, an elephant and-"

"Hold up, you talk?" Pepper cut him off, her eyes popping out of her head.

"When I have something to say, yeah?" he shrugged, glancing at Sam for a moment confused why everyone was so surprised, before turning back to Nory.

"Respect!" Elliot smirked, approving of Andres' answer.

"Anyways, it was really cool, I dug it!", he smiled sweetly to Nory who was still in some sort of trance.

"T-thanks" she smiled back, tucking a stand of hair out of her face. "it's really cool to have some support, but that's the last you're gonna see of whatever I was. I'm gonna be be perfect fluxer for them, I know it" she said confidently, making everyone glance at her in interest.

"How?" Sam sighed, knowing Nory was up to no good. "They're not going to let you near that class or the kitten."

Grinning mischievously, the fluxer brought out her notebook and flipped it open to a marked page where she'd drawn a detailed image of a gray tabby kitten.

"From the triangles of her ears, to the ovals of the pads of her toes!" she explained, pointing to parts of her drawing excitedly.

"Wow, these are great! I didn't know you could draw?" Andres shook his head in amazement, looking over the sketch.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Andres!" Nory smirked as she pushed her hair back yet again.

"Oh really?" Sam rolled his eyes at Nory's attempt to seem mysterious, having known her since they were little.

"Actually, that's it.. I can draw, you all know pretty much everything else." Nory shook her head sheepishly, blushing at the attention. "I figured I could work off this though.." she motioned to her notes proudly.

"Do you think you could draw me shooting fire like a real flare?"Elliot questioned chirpily.

"Or me landing?" Andres added on.

"Sure, absolutely!" Nory smiled enthusiastically, chuckling a little bit, shifting her gaze to the other two UDMs.

"Do not draw me." Pepper deadpanned with a frown.

"And you already know I don't like being drawn.." Sam scrunched his nose up, sending Nory a soft glance though so he wouldn't come off as too harsh.

"Okie dokie" she raised her hands in surrender, a tad bit sheepish with Pepper.

After a few minutes the conversation had shifted back to Nory's plan to be normal, the UDMs interested at how she thought she could do this.

"So, I decided to see-" Nory started to converse with Pepper but was quickly cut short by Andres who tapped her and motioned to someone behind her

"Hey, I think you have a fan." he tilted his head towards an approaching figure, the person being recognizable as Reina Carvajal.

"Reina!" Nory squealed, smiling widely as she caught sight of her best friend who was slowly walking over from across the room.

Sam whipped his head over quickly, spotting his twin amongst the students. She wore her red flares uniform, but she still held her normal shyness as she locked eyes with Nory.

Reina quickened her pace when her best friend called out to her, only to be stopped by the stern flare professor.

Reina chatted with the teacher for a few moments before glancing at the UDM table one last time with a pained look covering her face. She flipped her hair at Nory and her friends who were expecting her to come over, sadly turning back to the flares table.

"That's weird, she didn't come over?" Nory looked down, upset her friend turned her back to the table.

"At least she actually noticed you.." Sam mumbled quietly under his breath, staring over at his sister. She didn't even acknowledge him, her own twin brother?

Andres patted the Carvajal boy on the sympathetically, frowning at the boys pained look as he peered at his sibling.

"Cause we're the loser table!" Pepper responded to Nory, throwing her hands up in annoyance. When she flicked her hands in the air she accidentally triggered her upside flicker power, sending a part of her towards another table.

"Hey, who threw that at me?"

The UDMs grimaced slightly, turning their heads away from the table to not make eye contact with the student

"Well, I got a plan!" Nory smirked, regaining her barring of her friend turning away from her. "You know the sage match?" She emphasized with her hands, getting a small nod from the others. "I'm going!"