Chapter 6 : A Father's Fury and A friend in need

The morning sun had barely begun to peek over the horizon when Marcus burst into Valerie's room, his face flushed with anger. He had heard about Valerie's search for Mr. Harper, and his rage was uncontrollable.

"How dare you!" he roared, his voice echoing through the quiet house. "You think you can defy me? You think you can escape my control?"

Valerie, startled awake, tried to calm her father. "Dad, please," she pleaded, her voice small. "I just wanted to talk to someone."

Marcus scoffed. "Talk to someone? About what? About how to disobey your father? You ungrateful girl!"

He grabbed Valerie by the arm and dragged her out of bed. "You will not leave this house until you are married," he declared. "And you will marry the man I choose for you."

Valerie's heart sank. She knew what this meant. Marcus had been planning to force her into an arranged marriage with a cruel mafia boss, a man known for his brutality and violence.

"No, Dad!" Valerie pleaded, her voice trembling. "Please, don't do this to me."

Marcus ignored her pleas. "This is for your own good," he insisted. "You need a strong man to control you, to keep you in line."

Eleanor, hearing the commotion from her room, rushed into Valerie's room. She tried to intervene, placing herself between her husband and her daughter.

"Marcus, please," she pleaded, her voice trembling. "Valerie is just a child. She doesn't know any better."

Marcus turned on Eleanor with a fury that shocked her. "You stay out of this," he growled. "This is between me and my daughter."

Eleanor's heart ached for Valerie. She knew that her husband was being cruel, but she also knew that it was pointless to argue with him. He was a stubborn man, and when he set his mind on something, he was impossible to dissuade.

With a heavy sigh, Eleanor stepped back, watching helplessly as Marcus dragged Valerie out of the room. She knew that her daughter was in grave danger, and she feared for her safety.

Marcus turning to Valerie commanded, "You will do as I say."

With that, he turned and left the room, leaving Valerie alone, terrified and heartbroken.

She knew that her father was serious. If she didn't agree to the arranged marriage, she would be trapped in this house forever.

Left alone in her room, Valerie sank to the floor, her mind racing. She felt a wave of despair wash over her. Her father's cruelty was beyond her comprehension.

How could he do this to her? How could he force her into a marriage with a man so cruel who she didn’t even know?

Tears streamed down her face as she thought about Mr. Harper. He was her only hope. If she could just reach out to him, he might be able to help her.

But how? Marcus had confiscated all the ways she could contact with the professor.   She was completely isolated.

Determined not to give up, Valerie began to think of other ways to get a message to Mr. Harper.

As she was lost in thought, astonishingly she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

She looked up to see Lily, her childhood best friend, standing near her room's window having a wide smile on her face.

Valerie's eyes filling with tears seeing her best friend after a long time. She had missed Lily so much. It was comforting to see a familiar face in the midst of all the chaos. She said, "I'm so glad you're here. I need your help."

Lily's expression grew serious. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Valerie nodded. "I'm trying to be. But things are really bad at home."

She proceeded to tell Lily everything that had happened, from her discovery of the hidden library to her father's threats.

Lily listened intently, her face growing pale with shock.
"This is terrible," she said. "You can't let your father do this to you, Valerie."

Valerie nodded. "I know. But I don't know how to stop him."

Lily thought for a moment. "Well, I've made a lot of friends since I've been here. Maybe one of them knows Mr. Harper."

Valerie's eyes lit up with hope. "That's a great idea, Lily. Thank hand"

"No matter what happens," Lily said, taking Valerie's hand, "I'll always be here for you."

Valerie squeezed Lily's hand and said, " I am really lucky to have you as my best friend. I can share with you everything comfortably and you also provide with a suitable solution."

After a long talk, As Lily prepared to leave, she said with a calm smile, "Don't worry, Valerie. I'll do everything I can to help. I promise."

With that, Lily turned and left the house, her footsteps fading into the distance. Valerie watched her go, a mix of hope and fear filling her heart.

She knew that Lily's mission was dangerous, but she also knew that it was her only chance for freedom.

As she sat alone in her room, Valerie's mind raced. She thought about her future, about the life she dreamed of living. She imagined herself as a writer and a psychologist, her words inspiring others. She imagined herself free from her father's control, able to live her life on her own terms.

But she also knew that there were many obstacles ahead. And even if Lily was successful in getting a message to Mr. Harper, there was no guarantee that he would be able to help.

Despite the uncertainty, Valerie held onto a flicker of hope. She believed that with Lily's help, and with Mr. Harper's support, she could break free from her father's tyranny and build a better life for herself.

How was the update? I know it is shorter than other chapters but it was an important one.

Do you think Mr.Harper can help Valerie? Or will she finally get married to a mafia boss against jer wish?

Stay tuned.

Do comment of your thoughts about this story, chapter and anything of the plot you would like! I am all ears to hear about it!

If you enjoyed the chapter, do vote and comment to encourage me to write more.

If you have any suggestions to improve my story, do comment!

Any Questions?

Happy Reading!

X Hira X