Chapter 22

Greyson's POV

"Violet, I promise I'll be home for the holidays. Relax." I coaxed my little sister on the phone as I got a packet of oatmeal out.

"I can't survive like, Greyson. I can't. I need you to come home."

Pain flashed through me. "I will. I promise. Where's dad?"

"I don't know." She whispered her voice shaky. "He lost his job and he's been psychotic trying to find new ones."

I pinch the bridge of my nose tightly. "He's not-"

"Drinking? Not that I know of. But Sean's mad all the time. He won't go to school. And Grace and Jacks won't go to pre-school without crying because Sean stays in their class."

"Fuck. Not this again. Is he near? Put him on the phone." I instructed pouring the packet's content into a bowl with milk and some protein powder.

Muffling echoed through the phone before an evident slam of door jerked through the speaker. "He won't talk. Leave him be. He'll come around." Violet resigned. "You just come back here, okay? Come back to us?"

"I will." I whisper as she ended the call to try and convince Sean to go to training. I let my phone down on the counter and placed my palms on the granite as my bowl was in the microwave.

I needed to figure out my shit because our savings account was slowly losing its steady flow. With Dad losing his job it scared me because I don't know how we'll manage to keep a roof over our heads unless we find different ways to fend for ourselves.

I felt guilty being here in a suite and my sibling staying under a shitty roof but I couldn't do anything. Not yet anyway.

The door to my room opened and I arched an eyebrow at Catherine who rubbed her face stumbling her way to the kitchen stool. "I'm never drinking again." She placed her head down on the counter.

"Here." I put a green juice next to her as the microwave sounded and I pulled out my oatmeal. "Want anything to eat?"

She shook her head wiping her eyes. "No. I'll fucking throw up if I eat anything." Looking down at herself she frowned. "Did I sleep in heels?"

A small smirk reached my lips. "You threatened to murder me when I tried prying them off." Catherine groaned as I mixed my oatmeal to blow off some steam.

"I'm a mess."

"It was cute."

"It was embarrassing." She shuddered looking up at me. "Can I have a glass of water?"

I grab a clean class and turn on the tab as she walked towards me. I handed her the glass and she downed it in big gulps before setting the glass down her eyelashes fluttering close. "I should shower. Can I use yours?"

My jaw clenched against my will and I nodded again. "Yeah. Yeah. Okay."

The strap of her mini black dress fell down her shoulder exposing the swell of her tits. My dick immediately hardened and I quickly pulled it back up to help her and myself.

"Thanks." She moved towards the bathroom and a moment later I heard a click. I sagged against the counter feeling my head and body shake with different emotions.

That girl was something else.

A moment later the sound of water rushing echoed through the place and I tried my very best not to picture her naked because she was probably naked in my shower.

The door opened and I watched Holt barge in sporting a black eye that was bruising down his cheekbone. "I'm fucked."

"You had it coming." I grumble watching his down the green juice.