Chapter 9

Lily Jenkins -

Finally, my shift is OVER.

The last customer took forever in ordering! I made sure to let him know that next time he should probably bring a notebook and write whatever he wants down then before coming in. I also handed him one for the Starbuck's paper menus.

For heaven's sake people, It's just coffee!

I don't even bother letting my Boss know I'm finished. Instead, I grab my purse, head into the bathroom, change out of these ridicules stripper clothes and wear something more comfortable.

 Instead, I grab my purse, head into the bathroom, change out of these ridicules stripper clothes and wear something more comfortable

Throwing my purse over my shoulder, I step outside, expecting the afternoon sun to hit my face. What!? What time is it??

I open my purse and pull out my phone:

10:45 PM!?

Ariala must be worried sick! Why didn't she text me?

I practically shove my phone into my purse and sprint over to the-

Wait, where's my car?

My eyes scanned across the parking lot, scanning for the sky-blue sedan. Then, I realized.

"Margery dropped me off!" I groan. My car was being repaired! This is why I HATE oil changes!

I fiddled with my purse, unsure of what to do. I could just call in an Uber, but I don't have enough money. I used up my spending portion on groceries already this week. I probably should just call Margery....

I pull my phone back out, taking a deep breath of the cold night air. I'm about to call her when I notice a sleek black Toyota cruise into the driveway, and I turned around in curiosity and fear when it stopped right next to me.

The window rolled down and-God, why does the universe do this to me!?!

"Need a ride?" Daniel smirked.

My heart skipped a beat. The way his sleeves were crisp and rolled up his arms, revealing a slight tuft of hair, and the way his muscular chest brushed against his beard. His hair looked slightly damp as it rested neatly against his forehead.

"N-no." I blushed, looking away. My cheeks were on fire, and I could hear his signature chuckle, as he leaned back against his seat, crossing his arms behind his forehead.

I huffed. He was mocking me, probably because of my rejection of him earlier. Fuming, I turned around, walking the other way. But, not to my surprise, he followed, cruising right next to me.

"Lily" He said.

"Lily"

No, I'm not answering you.

"Lily."

"LILY."

"LI-"

"WHAT IS IT!?" So much for not answering.

"You look hot when you're flustered." He said innocently.

"FINE. You can take me home!" I said, exasperated, opening the passenger side and plopping down next to him as he grinned at me, like a child who just won a prize.

"Keep your eyes on the road," I muttered, my cheeks heating under his gaze as I face the window. He laughed and shook his head.

I could hear him shuffle as he shifted the gears and started driving. His hands tapped the wheel as he drove, humming slightly.

"So, totally random but wanna get some drinks? You look like you need one." He suggested, causing me to roll my eyes.

"No, I need to get home. My daughter is all by herself."

"You have a daughter? Man, I heard babies cry at night like crazy."

"Well than thankfully she's over that stage." I replied, fiddling with my sweater. I didn't want to tell him that I had a 14-year-old daughter.

"Oh? How old is she?" He asked, and I could feel the heat on my face as I answered.

"14. Now shut up and take me home."

I couldn't tell his expression, because his face looked blank. I felt a feeling of disappointment. Of course, Lily, no one wants to be with the teen mom.

"You can drop me off here." I said, quietly. I felt like a boulder crushed me.

"Bu-"

I didn't let him finish as I grabbed my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. My high heels connected with the gravel, and made a 'Krush' sound as I shakily walked as fast as I could, trying to get away from everything and everybody.

I half hoped for him to follow, but when he didn't I hardned my resolve and walked in the direction of my house. Maybe romance just was never my thing.

Maybe I'm doomed to be single forever.

Whatver, I thought, bruhsing them away. I had more things to live for, and one of them was my daughter.

As I reached my house, I let out a sigh of relief. This was my world.

She was my world.

as I reached for the doorknob,

Only fate could tell how much I would be tested under those words.

Fate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRYY GUYSSS!! THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT BC I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YALL!!!! I MADE THIS EDIT FOR ARIALA!!!