Chapter 2

Lily Jenkins -

"You need to be easier on yourself Lil," Margery said, giving me a sympathetic look. 

I take another shot, wiping my mouth afterwards. "Thanks for taking me out, Margery. You shouldn't have."

Margery gave me a bewildered look, her dark curls kept in a tight bun. "Girl, you deserve this. I know how it is with your daughter. How is Ari baby?"

"She's good. She misses you, you know." I said, yawning. "It's getting late."

Margery scoffed. "It's barely past 10 girl. You need to let loose."

"I am letting loose. I'm just trying to be a responsible parent too. Ariala is spending the weekend with her friends tomorrow."

Margery smirked. "If you were really letting loose, you'd go flirt with that guy right there." She points at a tall, slightly muscular man, whose laughing and talking to his friends. He had these exotic hazel eyes, and his stubble made him seem all the more rugged. Tatoos painted his arms, and I wondered what they meant.

"I...I don't know Marge... I think I've seen him at work." I hesitated. I rubbed my temples.

Margery suddenly softened. "How's counseling going?" She asked.

"It's...okay." I lied. The counseling wasn't helping. It only brought terrible memories back- but Margery went though all the trouble finding a therapist for me.

"You know what I mean Lily. Does Ari know?" She asked, leaning in slightly. Margery was always looking out for Ariala, like an aunt. I met Margery when I found out that I was...pregnant. I was sitting int he school library, face flushed coming out from the bathroom. I wanted to tell somebody, but my body had given up on me.

Then, from behind me, I heard a tap on my shoulder. I turned my swollen eyes to see a slim girl with dark chocolate skin, but the most unusual blue eyes. She had dark curls coming over her head, and she looked at me, caringly. "You need a friend?"

"Yeah."

"Lily! Hey!" Marge snapped her fingers, bringing me back to the present.

"Huh? No, oh god no Ari can't know." I said, shaking my head. Marge sighed.

"Lily, this isn't going to end well. Lily deserves to know who her father is."

"I don't even know where her father is! Plus, he-" I lowered my voice to a whisper "he RAPED me, Marge, Rape! I..." I choke, covering my face with my sweater. Marge hugged me, and then, all of a sudden, she made me stand up and pulled me towards the bathroom.

"Come on." she said, pulling me with a fierce look in her eyes.

"Wait! Where are we going?" I sniff as she pulls me.

"Tonight is going to be YOUR night Lil, whether you like it or not."

She pulls me into the girl's bathroom, placing her duffel bag on the floor and throwing a dress towards me.

"Put that on." She said, ruffling through the duffel bag.

"But-"

"I wasn't asking." She glared, raising her left eyebrow.

Chuckling, I went inside one of the stalls and threw it on. "You're crazy Marge."

(Lily's Outfit)