Chapter 4

It was the next morning. I violently shut off my alarm, as I do everyday, then got up and got ready for school.

When I walked into school, I was greeted by a girl handing out flyers.
The flyer was for a contest happening this Friday at 8pm in the school gym. It said you could sing, dance, or play an instrument, but it had to be something Halloween adjacent since Halloween is in 2 weeks. Anyone could participate.
Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head.
Rhythms of Rebellion could participate.

I ran to class to find Krystal and Ophelia and share the info with them.

"I'm in." Krystal said.
"Uh, yeah.. me too." Ophelia said, unconvincingly, as she wasn't all that confident in her guitar skills.
"Great. Auditions are tomorrow from 3 to 6."
"Okay, then, let's go about 3 to be one of the first ones." Krystal said.
Me and Ophelia nodded.

-Time Skip-

School was over and we went to Krystal's house to practice for the audition tomorrow.
I decided that we were going to perform the song 'Dead Man's Party' by Oingo Boingo.

We practiced for over 2 hours until me and Ophelia had to go home for dinner.

I had dinner, then washed up and went to bed, anxious for the audition tomorrow.