Part:-15 "The Moment of Truth"

The café felt unnervingly quiet after Rohan’s abrupt departure. Dishita sat across from Abhinav, her mind racing through the whirlwind of emotions that had just crashed over her. The words Rohan had thrown at her still stung, but now, all she could feel was the weight of Abhinav’s presence.

She glanced out of the window, hoping that the world outside would offer her some clarity, but all it did was reflect the chaos she felt inside. Abhinav had always been there—steady, unyielding in his feelings. Rohan had once been the same, but over time, the cracks in their relationship had started to show, deepening with every unspoken word and unresolved argument.

And now? Now everything felt like it was teetering on the edge.

Abhinav broke the silence. “I didn’t mean to make things worse between you and Rohan,” he said softly, his voice a gentle contrast to the tension that still hung in the air. “I just... I had to be honest with you. I couldn’t keep pretending I was okay with the way things were.”

Dishita didn’t look at him, her eyes still focused on the outside world. She felt his sincerity, but she wasn’t ready to deal with the flood of emotions his words had stirred up. “Abhinav, I... I didn’t expect any of this.”

He nodded, though she couldn’t see him. “I know. Neither did I. But I couldn’t keep running from this. From you.”

Her hands trembled slightly as she reached for her coffee cup, the warmth grounding her in the moment. “I don’t know what to say,” she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. “Everything’s so messed up right now. I came here to break things off with Rohan because I thought I knew what I wanted. But now...”

She trailed off, the weight of her words hanging between them.

Abhinav leaned forward, his voice steady. “I don’t want to complicate things for you, Dishita. But I can’t stand on the sidelines anymore. I’ve loved you for so long... and seeing you with him, knowing you’re not happy, it tears me apart.”

His words pierced through the fog of confusion in her mind. Dishita had always known, on some level, how Abhinav felt about her. But hearing it now, spoken so plainly, shook her.

She turned to face him, her eyes meeting his for the first time since Rohan had left. “Why didn’t you say something earlier?” she asked, her voice filled with a mix of frustration and sadness. “All these years... why now?”

Abhinav’s expression softened, his eyes reflecting the struggle he had been carrying for so long. “Because I thought I could move on. I thought that if I left, I could put my feelings for you behind me. But I was wrong. I’ve been wrong all along.”

Dishita could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her mind a storm of conflicting thoughts. She had never imagined herself standing at this crossroads—between two men, two futures. She had always been so sure of her decisions, but now, everything felt uncertain.

“Abhinav,” she started, her voice shaky, “I don’t know if I can give you the answer you want. I’m not even sure I know what I want anymore.”

He nodded, understanding in his eyes. “I’m not asking for an answer right now, Dishita. I just needed you to know how I feel. Whatever you decide, I’ll respect it.”

The sincerity in his voice brought a lump to her throat. She wasn’t ready for this, wasn’t ready to face the reality of her feelings. But deep down, she knew she couldn’t keep running from them either.

Before she could respond, her phone buzzed again. Dishita glanced down at the screen, her heart sinking when she saw Rohan’s name flashing. She hesitated, unsure whether to answer.

Abhinav noticed her hesitation. “You should talk to him,” he said softly, his voice free of judgment. “You deserve clarity, from both of us.”

Dishita bit her lip, her fingers hovering over the phone. She knew he was right, but the thought of another confrontation with Rohan made her stomach churn.

Finally, she swiped the screen and lifted the phone to her ear. “Rohan?”

“Dishita,” came his voice, strained and tight. “We need to talk. Properly. No interruptions. Meet me tomorrow.”

Dishita closed her eyes, the weight of his words pressing down on her. “Rohan, I—”

“Just meet me,” he interrupted, his tone leaving no room for argument. “We need to figure this out. You owe me that.”

Before she could respond, the call ended, leaving her staring at the phone in her hand. She felt a wave of exhaustion wash over her. Everything was happening so fast, too fast.

Abhinav watched her closely, concern etched on his face. “Are you okay?”

Dishita nodded, though she wasn’t sure if she was telling the truth. “I... I have to meet him tomorrow,” she said quietly, her voice heavy with uncertainty.

Abhinav’s jaw tightened, but he didn’t push. “I understand. Just... promise me something.”

Dishita looked at him, her eyes questioning. “What?”

“Promise me you won’t let anyone pressure you into a decision you’re not ready for. Not Rohan. Not me. This is about what *you* want.”

His words, though simple, struck a chord deep within her. She nodded, though she wasn’t sure how to navigate the storm that awaited her tomorrow.

“Okay,” she whispered.

As she stood up to leave, Abhinav reached out, gently touching her hand. “No matter what happens, Dishita, I’ll always be here for you.”

She gave him a small, grateful smile, but her heart was heavy. Tomorrow would be the moment of truth.

---

**End of Part 15**