Part 5: The First Cracks

Over the next few days, Abhinav kept a close eye on Dishita, hoping to catch any signs that might explain her strange behavior. But the more he watched, the more confused he became.

One afternoon, as the group gathered for their usual hangout after school, Abhinav noticed that Dishita was quieter than usual. She wasn’t laughing at Aditi’s jokes like she normally would, and she seemed distracted.

Suddenly, Kaira spoke up, her tone casual but curious. "Dishita, you’ve been super quiet lately. Everything okay?"

Dishita blinked, startled by the attention. "Yeah, I’m fine. Just... tired, I guess."

But Abhinav didn’t buy it. He could tell when something was wrong, and this wasn’t just tiredness. He exchanged a glance with Kabir, who raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

As the group started to disperse, Abhinav lingered behind with Dishita. He had to know the truth.

"Dishita," he began, his voice soft, "is there something you’re not telling me?"

She froze for a moment, then shook her head. "No, Abhi, everything’s fine. I’m just... dealing with some stuff on my own. It’s not a big deal."

But the way she avoided his gaze told him it was anything but fine.

Suspense for Next Part: What is Dishita hiding from Abhinav and their friends? As he digs deeper, will he uncover something that changes everything between them?