seven - finding a phone

There are now zombies everywhere outside the class. Pressing against the windows that look out into the hallway and staring at us inside the class.

"Hey, Joon-yeong! I think you're right, they can't open doors," one of the boys holding a door shut speaks, breaking the silence that we had all settled into as we searched for a phone.

"Uh, let's hold it shut for now," the person who I assume Joon-yeong is, says, holding the other door shut.
Everyone talks quietly while searching desks and bags thoroughly, the only things people say though is, 'did you find one?'
I continue searching through a bag, lifting it off the floor and putting it onto a desk. I look through every pouch in it, undoing every zip.
Until... I find one.
I fish it out with my hand and hold it up in the air, a smile of relief written onto my face.

"I found one!" I call out, making everyone's attention turn to me.
I switch the phone on to check if it's working and the screen lights up. Showing a background screen of a girl and a dog, the girl was smiling... Now she's probably a zombie.
That thought makes my smile turn into a frown.
Everyone runs over to me, crowding around me. Na-yeon is right up in my face so I take a step back, at this, she pulls a face of annoyance.

"Who's is it?" On-jo asks, leaning a bit more forward on a desk.
"I don't know," I say, tilting the phone in her direction so she can see the background screen. I don't even know some people in the room let alone a random girl in my sister's class.
"Yeong-Ju's," i-sak mumbles, she was standing right next to on-jo so she could see the phone's wallpaper as well.
I-sak grabs the phone from my hands and tries to get into the main screen to make a call.
"Shit it's locked," her voice is a whisper of annoyance and she grips the phone tighter, hitting it slightly.

"Do something!" Na-yeon flicks my shoulder serveral times. I don't know what she was expecting me to do. I'm not the one with the phone anymore and I'm younger than her anyways!
Ji-min grabs her hand and pulls it away from my shoulder as I shoot her a glare.
"Don't, na-yeon. Why don't you do something, huh?" I couldn't hold back that comment. I needed to say it.
Na-yeon just sighs and rolls her eyes at me, pulling her hand from Ji-min's grip and walking off.
I was glad I got her to walk away from me. I'm starting to dislike her more and more as the minutes pass.
I-sak and some of the others are discussing what the password could be to get into the phone.
Some people are suggesting that it could be her birthday which is actually very probable, only no-one knew when her birthday was.

Cheong-san looks over to the door and I follow his gaze. He reaches out his arm and points at the door, "she's over there!" He says, grabbing the phone from i-sak and hurrying over to the door.
He holds the phone out to her zombified face through the window hesitantly as the girl bites and snaps her jaws at the window.

"You're going to have to get closer," su-hyeok says. He's standing right next to me and it's making me a bit nervous.
But then I remember what my dad told me.
I glance at Ji-min and her face shows a sign that she's thinking the exact same thing due to her wide eyes and slight smile.
Her eyes meet mine and we both give eachother a nod.

"For emergency calls you don't have to do that," I speak up. My hand was gripping into a fist at my side, my other hand staying limp, I don't think I could clench it even if I wanted to due to my broken finger, "just call 112," I nod my head once.

Cheong-san taps at the phone and puts it to his ear, we all wait patiently and quietly as we hear the faint ringing sound, "hello?" He waited for a few seconds, "this is Hyosan Highschool. A ton of zombies showed up at lunch, and they're eating people."
I roll my eyes and scoff slightly. Why the fuck did this moron say 'zombies?' i clench my fist a bit tighter now, out of annoyance rather than hope.
"Don't say zombies," on-jo whispers, walking towards him.
I guessed su-hyeok could sense my annoyance because he did something I never thought he would.
He reached for my hand, making it as subtle as possible and he... He holds it!
I couldn't help but feel excited and happy, the anger at Cheong-san leaving my body and instead, filling with a warm feeling towards Su-hyeok.
I glance at su-hyeok and smile slightly. He looks down at me and smiles in return, making me feel even warmer.
I turn my attention back to on-jo and Cheong-san who have just finished bickering about what he should've said instead.

"Did you happen to see train to Busan?" Cheong-san waits for the responder to speak before talking up again, "this isn't a joke! Everyone's... Anyways, come quick," he hangs up and puts the phone down. Running his hands through his hair and sighing.

I squeeze su-hyeok's hand slightly. It's not intentional but I do realise I'm doing it. I just know that deep down, no-one's going to come to help us. He fucked up the call.
In return, su-hyeok rubbed my knuckles with his thumb, as if he's trying to soothe my anger and frustration.

On-jo hits the back of Cheong-san's head and gives him a death stare as he winces and ducks his head.
"You moron!! You just had to say 'zombies', huh?! God!!" Her voice sounds almost as annoyed as I feel but she still has a hint of softness to it.
There was a scream outside the doors and the zombies rushed towards it, they were no longer outside of the classroom.
One of the boys by the door opened it, peeking his head outside so half his body was in and half was out.
Then su-hyeok let go of my hand and walked over to the boy, pulling him inside and closing the door again.
Su-hyeok scolds him while on-jo scolds Cheong-san.
I stand in the middle of the classroom, feeling slightly disappointed that su-hyeok let go of my hand but knowing he was only doing it to help everyone in the group and prevent disaster from happening.

"What if they think it's a prank and decide not to come?" The boy at the door turns around to Cheong-san.
That was very probable... And in fact it probably is the case.
I can't help but frown.

And that's when na-yeon speaks up in her usual shrill voice, "Well then try again! And tell them to hurry up!"
My sister grabs na-yeon's arm and tugs it slightly. She was obviously starting to get annoyed with na-yeon's bullshit now too.

"Shh! Stop yelling! What if the zombies come back?" She whispers but in a firm tone, giving Na-Yeon a look. The same look she used to give me when we were young to get me to shut up.
On-jo grabs the phone from Cheong-san. I watch her every movement, wondering what she's going to do. There isn't anything she really can do unless one of her parents worked for either the government, police, fire or emergency department.