[ 03 ] A Gentry's Guide to Glory

CHAPTER THREE
━ A Gentry's Guide to Glory

                    Ever since Mileena Gentry had been pried away from the arms of her father at the age of five and a half, she held hope in her house motto hoping she'd live up to it someday

Ever since Mileena Gentry had been pried away from the arms of her father at the age of five and a half, she held hope in her house motto hoping she'd live up to it someday. "GENTRYS, THE GLORY IS OURS!" She had vivid memory of watching filmbooks with her father. In this filmbook she heard the infamous speech her grandfather, Andreas VI, gave to the Edelian people, included in that speech was their house motto.

If she would successfully complete her Bene Gesserit training within less than two years the glory would be hers, she would be just like her mother, whom she spent the last eight years of her life trying to impress.

Ever since 10,186 she had spent her life staring at the same four cold stone walls of the smallest bedroom of Castle Emersyn, trying to figure out the different ways to rush the harsh training she had been forced to endure for eight years. She had finally figured it out. It's unfortunate she found out too late.

Oh well.

Might as well enjoy her last full meal, warm bath, and good night's sleep. When sunrise struck tomorrow she would be awaken at eight o'clock on the dot. Forced to crawl out of her bed on an empty stomach, forced to live with that empty stomach--if she had excelled in her training possibly provided a cheat meal--until the first spring flower bloomed. Lucky for Bene Gesserit Mileena Gentry, spring was the shortest and only season besides summer on the Grey Planet of Edel.

Mileena scrubbed her arm with the cheapest loofa in the Gentry castle. She intensely focused on the pores of her arm and her lifted hairs sensitive to the extreme heat of the bathtub water. Her arms would be hairy by the time spring was over, when the body was malnourished it needs extra protection to stay warm.

The scrubbing became more rapid, her not even recognizing how hard she had been washing her body as her mind was elsewhere. 'Training, fasting, royal duties. Training, fasting, royal duties.' The list was on loop. Was this her life?
                    Today something had clicked that all she had been through was not normal.

Her irritated skin began to form a burning rash, then and there she stopped the scrubbing. Tears threaten to drop. 'Training, fasting, royal duties.' Mileena brung her knees to her bare chest as the thought repeated. She stretched her neck up allowing the moon peeking through the cone shaped stained glass roof to hug her skin.

Mileena's eyes remained closed despite the obvious footsteps echoing through the hall her bathroom was on. Mileena Gentry knew whoever was out there was coming for her being that the bathroom was the only thing on this hall. The footsteps were new, the presence was a familiar one of her Reverend Mother; Mileena wouldn't let her guard down due to the fact she was uncertain.