Vol.2 Chapter 20: A Score to Settle

(This chapter wouldn't be possible without the help of @anonmike217, follow him)

Aura felt strangely cold all of a sudden and looked around, almost shivering. Wondering where this phantom wind was coming from. Kroq-gar noticed as they were almost at the doors of the Aura mobile but were having a bit of trouble figuring out how the door works and where the key hole are. Also wondering what automatic door opener opens which door. The first door, the second door maybe all of them at once. But that would be for later as Aura was shivering in place.

Kroq-gar: You're alright?

Kroq-gar said knowing full well that the winter is the deadliest of times for them. Being considered a cold blood ironically doesn't make you immune to cold despite the name. Aura shook off the cold and scratched her head looking around.

Aura: I'm alright just had this weird chill all of a sudden

She said questioning if this has something to do with her calling Kroq-gar dad or not. Hopefully not because if that was the case she'll never live this down. Maybe even be exiled for this and that hopefully won't happen. If that were to happen. Well. Guess she'll have to get used to calling kroq-gar dad for real. Kroq-gar used the metal part of the key to unlock the door then opened the copter and gestured for her to come inside.

Kroq-gar: There is a heater inside if you're feeling cold

Aura smiled.

Aura: Alright you cold blooded lizard get inside

As Kroq-gar walked in the car Aura was about to step in her new fancy flying train car feeling every joy she was about to experience.

Aura: Nothing can ruin this day

She said before she heard a slow clap from behind. Her hair at the back of her neck tingles, eyebrows furrowed, joy was replaced with genuine rage, feeling the light of her eyes becoming red hot, mistaking the chill she felt earlier for sensing Thorek. Her disappointment grew immensely as she realized her day was just ruined. As she remembered that clap from anywhere and turned locked in and saw Thorek standing there far from the copter and in front of her. Kroq-gar noticed the shift in tone and almost scrambled out of the copter and dashed to where Aura was standing. Putting both his hands out.

Kroq-gar: Thor-or-rek my dear friend, what brings you to this...Awkward moments.

He said hoping to get some familiarity with him so as to not do the dwarf diplomacy here and now. Thorek clapped a little more till he stopped letting the tension build. Causing a few bystanders to look on even getting the others to watch.

Thorek: Oh nothing much, just coming by to say your dragon gear is being worked on

He said picking the dirt off of his fingernails.

Thorek: And to even the score.

He then looked at Aura locked in to get her back from their first bout. Both stood there staring each other down while Kroq-gar rushed in the middle holding both hands out hoping to stop him.

Kroq-gar: WAIT! Hold on, can we just talk about this

He said hoping to break the beginning of dwarf diplomacy. But was heartbroken when he heard the next reply coming from Aura.

Aura: We just did, the time for talking is over

Kroq-gar looked at Aura rolling up her sleeves as if she was about to beat Thorek to a pulp. Then rushed forward almost blocking Aura's way but moving back.

Kroq-gar: Aura sweetie, I know the old man said some hurtful things to you but you should ignore it and move on

He tried to convince her. Until Thorek goaded her on, still marching slowly to her.