Chapter 33

My Apartment, Greenville, South Carolina, 8am

It's the next morning and I'm in my apartment, with Duke next to me because yesterday he didn't want to leave me alone because of me just recovering from seeing my mom being okay. And he knew that it was going to be hard news for me to grasp upon, so he was being a good boyfriend by standing beside me.

I then woke up and look next to me and Duke was snoring away, I then thought what better way to start the day by slowly getting ready, cleaning the house a bit and then making breakfast for you and your boyfriend. So I got up, and I got my phone and walked straight to the living room and started to clean my house. After a few mins, I then begin to get the ingredients out for our waffles and our tea for our breakfast. I then put some 90s music to start the day off.

I then look to my left and I see my phone is ringing and it was Bri. What did Bri want in this early morning? I then picked it up straight away.

"What, woman, I said don't call me once you're in labour"

Bri: Bitch, I am in labour. You and Duke come to the hospital now.

"WAIT WHAT?!?! ARE U IN THE HOSPITAL?"

Bri: Yeah, I'm about to deliver the baby, come here now. And call Dyior and Davo. Because I can't call them. I'm about to push a human out.

"Bet, I'll see you in a bit."

I then put all the ingredients away and I ran back to the bedroom, and I see Duke still sleeping. I then go to his side of the bed and shake him a little bit. He then started to groan and moan because he was still in his sleep.

"Babe, Bri is in labour"

Duke: Wait, what?

"She just called me and she's about to deliver the baby, we gotta get ready and just go"

Duke: Can't we just go when she's actually delivered the baby, Drea will send me a text.

"Baby, are you being for real right now?"

Duke: What did I do now?

"That's our friend, we've gotta be there for her and also for Drea, it doesn't matter if the baby isn't delivered yet. We'll be waiting in the waiting room."

Duke: Okay, but can we at least get food?

"Bet"

Duke: Thank God.

I then walk to the bathroom and start to brush my teeth and he comes behind me and kisses my neck. How romantic. Since when was he this romantic? Never ever in my life have I seen him like this with his past bitches, I think he just saved this living treatment for me.

Duke: You didn't even bother giving me a kiss good morning today?

"We in a rush Duke what the fuck? Please just give me a sec. I got toothpaste in my mouth"

Duke: I don't care.

"Shut the fuck up"

I then chuckled and he chuckled and then I used mouthwash and spat it out and then I looked at him and realised something.

"Nigga, I'm not kissing you with morning breath"

Duke: Yes the fuck you are

"Make me then nigga"

He then pulls my waist and says

Duke: Come here

He then pulls me towards him, he then begins to lean forward and try and kiss me but I was just backing away and laughing and then it came to the point where I gave up and then I kissed him. I just gave him a little peck.

Duke: That was so weak.

"You'll get a good one once you brush those teeth of yours"

Duke: You was about to say something there huh?

"Yeah"

We both then started to laugh and then I head in the shower and Duke is brushing his teeth. I then finished showering and I wrapped a towel around me and then once I come out, he comes closer to me and we started to make out. He then proceeds to take my towel down and I'm completely naked. He then puts me on the sink counter and we continue to make out. After a while, I pulled away

"Baby, you taste so good, but right now, our friend is giving birth and we've gotta be there"

Duke: I know but look at your body, Gahdamn.

"Oh yeah? You like it. That's what you call I just showered baby. And now I see that your dick is getting hard"

Duke: Just a quickie.

"No nigga, go and shower"

I then go to the closet and get my baby shower clothes that I wore because that would make sense. So I wore my brown hoodie and joggers with the brown Nike Dunks. Put no makeup on. Slicked my hair back to a bun and put some perfume on and was ready to go.

"Babe, hurry up"

Duke: Don't rush me please.

"Well, I've got to now because we're running late"

I then thought of calling Dyior because Bri told me to, and it slipped my mind for a second, so J then proceed to call Dyior and Teyana on a group call.

They then answered straight away.

Teyana: What's up Destinee?

Dyior: Why isn't Bri on here?

"Because she told me to call you both saying that she's giving birth, so y'all gotta get there fast and don't worry about food, me and Duke got it"

Duke: What?!?

"Shut up"

Teyana: Okay, we'll be there in a sec.

"Alright"

Dyior: Yeah me and Davo are getting ready now.

"Aight, bet see y'all in a second"

I then ended the call and I was in the living room waiting for Duke to come out and show me his outfit so that we can go.

"Duke, you gotta hurry"

Duke: Aight, aight, I'm done. Damn

"Watch who you talking to, cause I ain't yo damn mother."

Duke: I'm sorry. You ready?

"The question is meant for you, are you ready?"

Duke: Yeah, let's go.

Duke was wearing a black hoodie with some baggy jeans and his Rick Owen's and he had on his swimming cap that he wears underneath his hats and he wore his black New York Yankees hat and he brought his Goyard bag. I then brought my Michael Kors bag and we were off to the hospital...