Chapter Twelve: Healing and Heat

Catalina's Point of Vew

The car roared through the city streets, the engine purring beneath us as I kept glancing at Jaxon, slumped against the seat beside me. His face was pale, his hand pressed against his side where the blood seeped through his shirt. That son of a bitch Damien had gotten away, but the battle wasn't over. Jaxon was hurt, and we had to make it back to my penthouse before he lost too much blood.

"Fucking cabron," I hissed, gripping the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turned white. "I'm going to gut him when I get my hands on him."

Jaxon's eyes flickered open, and he let out a low chuckle, even though the pain was evident in his voice. "You're sexy as hell when you're pissed off, mi Reina."

I glanced at him, bitting back a smile despite the tension. "Don't flatter me, pendejo. You're bleeding out."

He groaned, leaning his head back against the seat. "Just a scratch. I've had worse."

"Yeah, well, I don't feel like stitching you back up again," I shot back, through the worry gnawed at my gut. I pressed down on the gas, weaving through the late-night traffic with ease. We'd get to the penthouse soon. Then, we'd deal with everything.

Two weeks had passed since the ambush. Two weeks of healing, blood-soaked memories, and restless nights. Jaxon had been out of commission, the bullet wound in his side taking longer than expected to heal. But today, he was moving around, that familiar fire back in his eyes.

I watched him from the edge of the bed as he stood shirtless near the window, the bandage still wrapped around his torso, though he acted like it wasn't even there. The sight of him stirred something deep inside me. Even injured Jaxon was still the most dangerous and alluring man I'd ever known. His broad shoulders, the taut muscles of his back, full beard, big juicy lips-it was impossible not to want him. And fuck, did I want him.

"Stop staring, mi amor," he said, his voice a rough growl as he turned to face me, that smirk of his driving me wild. "Unless you plan to do something about it."

My heart skipped a beat, the raw heat in his eyes lighting something dangerous inside me. "Maybe I will," I muttered, standing and walking towards him, my body moving on instinct.

When I reached him, my hands found his chest, sliding over his hard muscles, feeling the heat radiating off him. Jaxon's breath hitched, his hands grabbing my waist, pulling me close until there was nothing between us but skin and the rush of blood in our veins.

"Kiss me," I whispered, not even bothering to hide the hunger in my voice. "I need to taste you."

His lips crashed against mine, fierce, possessive, claiming me in a way that made my whole body tremble. The  kiss was demanding, his hands sliding up my back, fingers tangling in my hair. Jaxon kissesd me like he needed me to breathe, like I was the air keeping him alive.

And fuck, I kissed him back just as hard.

Every kiss with Jaxon was like setting fire to my soul. He was intense, rough, and all-consuming. I'd never experienced anything like it-the way he kissed me, how it felt like he was marking me as his. Every time his lips touched mine, I wanted more. I needed more. His mouth moved over mine, his tongue teasing me, and I moaned, pressing harder against him. It was impossible to think about anything else when he was kissing me. My world narrowed down to just him-his taste, his scent, the feel of his skin against mine.

"Fuck, I need you," Jaxon groaned, his lips leaving mine to trail down my neck. I gasped as he nipped a my skin, sending shocks of pleasure down my spine. "Right now. I can't wait anymore."

"Then don't," I breathed, my hands sliding down to undo his belt, fingers working frantically as desire pooled low in my belly.

He pushed me back against the wall, his hands moving with purpose as he ripped my shirt off, the sound of fabric tearing only spurring him on. My breath came in ragged gasps as he grabbed my ass, lifting me up effortlessly, pinning me against the wall. His mouth found mine again, the kiss even rougher than before, his teeth grazing my lips as his hands roamed over my body.

I felt his hardness pressing aganist me through his jeans, and I couldn't wait any longer. "Jaxon," I gasped, ny nails digging into his shoulders. "I need you. Now."

He didn't need any more encouragement. With one swift motion, he undies his pants, freeing himself, and I felt him press against  my entrance, the heat and anticipation making my whole body tremble. "You're mine," he growled, his eyes dark and full of lust as he thrust into me, hard and fast, filling me completely.

I let out a loud moan, my head falling back against the wall as the pleasure coursed through me. He didn't hold back-there was nothing gentle about it. Jaxon fucked me like he owned me, each thrust sending waves of pleasure through me, his hands gripping my ass, pulling me against him, deeper and deeper.

"Fuck, you feel so good," Jaxon groaned, his breath hot aganist my neck as he pounded into me. "You're so fucking tight, mi Reina."

I couldn't speck, could barely breathe. All I could do was hold on, ny fingers tangled in his hair as he drove into me, harder, faster. Every inch of me burned with desire, every nerve alight with the need for more.

"Fuck," I moaned, my  body trembling with the intensity of it all. "Don't stop."

"I'm not stopping," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. "You're mine, Catalina. You're fucking mine."

He slammed into me again, each thrust rough and perfect, pushing me closer and closer to the edge. I could feel my orgasm building, the tension coiling inside me until I though I might snap. And then, with one final thrust, I did.

My whole body convulsed, pleasure crashing over me like a tidal wave. I cried out his name, my nails digging into his back as I rode out the orgasm, the world spinning around me. Jaxon wasn't far behind. With a final grunt, he came, his body shuddering as he buried himself inside me one last time.

For a moment, the only sound was our heavy breathing, the room filled with the aftermath of our raw, brutal passion. Jaxon pressed his forehead against mine, his breath hot against my skin as we both tried to catch our breath.

Fuck, I though, my mind still hazy with pleasure. No one will ever make me feel like this but him. Every time we were together, it was like our bodies were made for each other. His roughness, his passion-it was everything I needed. There was nothing soft or sweet about us, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jaxon's voice broke through my haze. "I fucking love you, Catalina. You know that, right?"

I looked up at him, my heart racing for a whole different reason now. "Yeah, I know," I said softly, running my fingers though his hair. "I love you more, pendejo."

He kissed me again, slower this time before pulling back with a sigh. "I need to go to Chicago."

My heart clenched. "What?"

"I need to check on my Mafia, make sure my right hand and soldiers have everything under control. And..." he paused, his eyes softening. "I need to check on my mom."

I understood, but that didn't make it hurt any less. "And what about me?" I asked, ny voice quieter than I meant it to be.

"I'll come back," he promised, his hand cupping my face. "I swear, Catalina. I'll come back to you. And when I do, we'll take down every fucking traitor who's come after us."