Chapter 5: The Edge of No Return

!!!!!Will Be Edited and re-written.!!!!!

The dimly lit room in the League's hideout was thick with the scent of smoke and tension from the earlier attack. The air crackled with the aftermath of their chaotic raid on UA, and Dabi's mind seethed with frustration and rage. He leaned against the wall, arms crossed, while Shigaraki sat at the head of the table, flipping through reports and mulling over their next move.

Dabi's thoughts spiraled in confusion and suspicion. Hawks' unexpected appearance at UA had been a wrenching twist. From the shadows, Dabi had watched Hawks execute a hasty retreat, leaving him simmering with unanswered questions. His mind raced, trying to piece together the day's chaos and the reason for Hawks' presence.

"What's with Hawks showing up at UA?" Dabi's voice sliced through the thick silence, his tone laced with frustration. "Why was he there during our attack?"

Shigaraki looked up from his papers, his expression unreadable. He leaned back in his chair, the faint glow of his eyes casting eerie shadows across his face. "Hawks is our spy in the hero community," he said casually, as if discussing something trivial. "He was there to maintain his cover and gather intel. His presence was part of his routine."

Dabi's eyes narrowed, his frustration boiling into anger. "You expect me to believe he's just sticking to a routine? How do you know he's not double-crossing us?"

Shigaraki's gaze remained steady, though a hint of impatience flickered in his eyes. "Hawks is deeply embedded in the hero world. His actions fit the bigger picture. If he betrays us, I'll decay him into nothing."

Dabi's gaze shifted from the papers and maps on the table to Shigaraki's face. His distrust of Hawks was evident.

Shigaraki continued, unperturbed by Dabi's growing anger. "That's not all. We have another mission, and I need you to go along with it."

Dabi's frustration peaked. "Another mission? What now?"

Shigaraki's eyes gleamed with rare intensity. "I'm sending Hawks and Yuna on a mission to retrieve the Doctor. All For One needs him, and his expertise is crucial to our plans."

Dabi's blood ran cold at the mention of Yuna. His protective instincts flared, his heart pounding in his chest. The thought of her working with Hawks was a bitter pill to swallow. The mere idea made his fists clench.

"I'm not comfortable with this," Dabi said through gritted teeth. "Yuna and Hawks working together? It's a recipe for disaster."

Shigaraki's expression hardened. "This isn't a request, Dabi. It's an order. We need the Doctor, and Hawks is the only one who can get close to him without arousing suspicion. Yuna's Quirk will be invaluable. You'll have to deal with it."

The finality in Shigaraki's tone left no room for argument. Dabi's mind churned with conflicting emotions—anger, jealousy, protectiveness—but he knew he had no choice. Shigaraki's orders were absolute, and defying them came with consequences Dabi wasn't willing to face.

Dabi exhaled sharply, his jaw clenched. "Fine. I'll go along with it. But don't expect me to be happy about it."

Shigaraki nodded, seemingly satisfied. "Good. Details of the mission will be sent to you soon. Prepare yourself."

As Shigaraki returned to his papers, Dabi's thoughts lingered on Yuna and the mission. The idea of her working with Hawks, possibly growing closer to him, gnawed at Dabi. But for now, he had to focus on the task ahead.

Dabi left the room, his mind a whirlwind of emotions. The lines between duty, loyalty, and personal feelings blurred as a foreboding sense of unease weighed heavy on him.