8. A Roller Coaster of a Naked Date, Literally!

Rika woke with a start, her heart pounding in her chest. The first rays of dawn were filtering through the curtains, casting long, dancing shadows across the room. She glanced at the clock, her eyes widening in alarm. Luke was still asleep, his breathing steady and deep.

Without a moment to lose, Rika slipped out of bed, her heart pounding with anticipation. She hurried towards the living room, her eyes scanning the couch for Lizzie. But the couch was empty, the blankets neatly folded, the room devoid of any sign of her presence.

A wave of disappointment washed over Rika. Lizzie must have left while she was asleep. The realization hit her like a cold slap in the face, a sharp reminder of the fragility of their connection. Lizzie had come into her life like a breath of fresh air, a taste of freedom and intimacy she'd never known. But now, she was gone, leaving Rika feeling adrift and alone.

The rest of the day, Rika was lost in a haze of melancholy. Her mood, usually sunny and cheerful, was now clouded by a heavy sense of loss. Luke, noticing the change, tried his best to cheer her up. He offered her gifts, took her out to dinner, even tried to make her laugh with silly jokes. But nothing could pierce the veil of sadness that had settled over her.

When he asked what was wrong, Rika simply shrugged, her voice a mere whisper. She couldn't bring herself to talk about Lizzie, about the newfound freedom she'd experienced, and the crushing disappointment of losing it. The fear of Luke's reaction, the potential consequences of revealing her true feelings, kept her tongue tied.

As the day wore on, Rika retreated into herself, her heart heavy with longing. She missed Lizzie's touch, her laughter, the way she made her feel alive. The memory of their night together, the intimacy and the passion, felt like a distant dream, a fleeting moment of happiness in a world of pain.

Luke, growing increasingly concerned about Rika's withdrawn demeanor, decided to take a different approach. "Rika," he began, his voice soft but firm, "I want you to stop being a maid for a moment while being like this, just talk to me. It's unsettling."

Rika's head snapped up, her eyes wide with surprise. "But Luke..." she protested, her voice a mere whisper.

"Look, I understand your role," Luke interrupted, his tone gentle. "But we've known each other since we were kids. I don't want you to feel obligated to treat me with that kind of formality."

"But...it's my job," she murmured, her voice barely audible.

"I know," Luke replied, reaching out to gently touch her hand. "But I care about you, Rika. I don't want you to feel like you have to put up with this. You're more than just a maid."

Rika's heart ached. She wanted to believe him, to believe that she was more than just a servant. But the fear of losing her job, the fear of being cast out into the cruel world, held her captive.

"I'm fine, Luke," she said, her voice a fragile whisper. "I just want to do my job. Cook, clean, serve you. That's all that matters."

Luke sighed. He knew he couldn't force her to change, not when fear was such a powerful motivator. But he promised himself that he would find a way to help her, to break free from the chains of her past.

Rika's voice was a fragile whisper, barely audible. "Luke, please don't worry about me. Just let me do my job. I'm fine."

Luke's heart ached. He wanted to insist, to demand that she open up, but he knew that would only push her further away. Instead, he nodded, his voice a soft murmur. "If that's what you want, Rika. But I'm still here for you, if you need anything."

Rika's eyes filled with a flicker of gratitude. "Thank you, Luke," she replied, her voice a touch more hopeful.

"Now, is there anything you'd like me to do?" she asked, her voice returning to its usual, submissive tone. "Perhaps a warm bath, followed by some cuddling and a little...stress relief?"