❄️ The Arrival ❄️

Winter could feel the intense heat rise from his tail to his snout. It had felt as if he'd been travelling for Months. All that he'd learn in this stupid school was that Icewings were exceptionally fierce and brave to everybody else. Which he already knew. Winter dared to look back only to spot his entire Royal family flying along as easy as cows, with all the other students that were attending.

"Icicle, do you know when we will arrive?" He said, trying his hardest not to show his exhaustion.

"Don't be a lazy RainWing, Winter." Icicle replied. Clearly, he failed to not show his exhaustion.

Winter was no mind reader, but you could read all the disappointment  in her face as easy as a scroll.

"We're nearly there, and i most certainly do not need a whimpering walrus to follow me around. Remember what we agreed on in the Ice Palace?"

Winter remembered the rules loud and clear alright, because little miss know it all would NOT SHUT HER SNOUT! But unsurprisingly, she re-announced them again.

"Don't look at another dragon unless it's absolutely necessary. Only to put the fear of Icewings in them or to find out their weaknesses. And do not talk to ANY Nightwings. Surely you can follow those 2 simple rules?" It almost sounded as if Icicle already knew the answer. (Which was no.)

" If you ruin my reputation there, i will rip off your snout for breakfast." She said, to finish it off.

"It was one question, Icicle. Calm your scales down."

Nothing else really happened during the flight. Although Winters' Father had wanted to freeze a scavengers den to shreds. Which was apparently quick and easy, but Winter would rather bite his own head off than watch those poor tiny, innocent, adorable, His mind trailed on and on until he finally exploded.

AARRGHH! Winter, are you a Walrus brain RainWing or an IceWing? Stop feeling pity for a scavenger!

After he had his little screaming session, Queen Glacier flew out of the evergreen bushes just as majestically as she occasionally would, carrying a little scruffy thing that looked to be a scavenger. This was it, his worst nightmare. They were gonna make him watch the fascinating creature die in their talons! Or even worse; they'd make him kill it himself! But the worst part of it all is that he can't even do anything. Besides endangering his rank in the 3rd circle, all he could do was watch, or kill it himself. More than a-dozen worries flurried through his head. Half of them full of pity, and the other half full of disbelief that he was feeling pity for a scavenger. But, to both his and Icicles surprise, Queen Glacier handed Winter the scavenger with an expression that Winter couldn't even tell what it meant. Happy? Proud? Confused? Or all of it mixed together?

"Prince Winter, Take it. I am handing it to you. Go on, Take it."

Winter had barely noticed Queen Glaciers words as he was to busy studying her expression(s). He accepted it gracefully, embarrassed, although he was quite unsure of his own feelings. He had never been given a gift before.

"Thank you, Queen Glacier. I am forever grateful, but do i have permission to ask why you gifted me this scavenger?"

He tried to sound grateful, but not to the point where he'd sound ridiculously happy. It was odd to think that smiling in the Ice Kingdom was unsophisticated.

"I heard you've been looking for one for quite awhile, i managed to find this one for you. Good luck on your research, don't let him get eaten in the school."

He managed to hide his grin, although a slight smile managed to wriggle through. The other dragons had gone ahead, meaning Queen Glacier and Winter had to catch up. Which of course was not in the slightest of problems for Queen Glacier, but Winter had only just caught his breath while waiting. Winter put all of his strength into this; Queen Glacier was watching! He only just caught up to them, although he still was a good whale length away. The rest of it was just a simple, short flight. They spotted Queen Thorn along with a couple of other dragons. One of them had a weird black amulet while another had brown freckles on his nose, along with a scar. Queen Thorn nor Queen Glacier did not interact much, except for a slight bow. The SandWings went a different way compared to the IceWings. Winter wiped the back of his talon on his forehead, with a slight sigh.