Chapter 1

Marinette(Mei Xiang)'s POV

" Mei, go hide in the closet." my mother said. I went into the closet and peeked through a crack. Thud. A masked man jumped through the window. "What do you want?" mother asked the man. The man just laughed and pounced on her with a knife. "NOOOOOOOOO." I screamed. But it was already too late. 'He...He just.................killed her'.

I knew I had to get out of there or I would be next so I jumped out of the closet and attacked him. He grabbed his gun and tried to shoot me but I managed to deflect it with my sword. I ran straight at him before he could shoot again and plunged my blade into the depths of his chest killing him. It was at this point in time that I could really see what was happening around....m..ma...MARINETTE!

I quickly sat up, now realizing the time. "I'm up Aunt Sabine." I called down to her. I ran down the stairs to my loft bed and picked up an outfit I made a few days ago, making my way into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, washed my hair then changed into the outfit.

The outfit:

After changing, I ran down stairs, grabbed a croissant then yelled a quick goodbye while running out the door

When I reached the steps I saw my best friend, Chloe.

Now, a few years ago, I NEVER would've believed that Chloe would become my best friend but since Lila came back, I guess, things have changed.

I'm not going to give you a whole flashback of what happened so I'll just explain it. So, Lila came back from Achu and continued with her lies about knowing different celebrities. That time I didn't pay her any mind. Until she started "claiming" that I bullied her and beat her up. So, yeah, like half the class doesn't believe me but whatever I never wanted them to be my friends in the first place.

Anyways, back to Chloe. She was talking about the class trip that was coming up in a few weeks. Apparently, we're going out of the country.

We started walking to class while discussing the trip. When we got there half the class was glaring at us. Eh, nothing out of the ordinary. We walked up to our seat in the back and sat down when Alya came up to us.

"Mari-trash how DARE you beat up Lila." She said.

"When did I do that?" I asked.

"Before school." She responded.

"But Alya, how did I beat her up before school if I just got here?" I asked her.

Just as she was about to respond Ms.B came into class.

"Alright class, settle down I have an important announcement." She said. Everyone went back to their seats.

"The rumors that have been going around are true we're going out of the country for this trip." "This year we are going to...................................................CHINA!"

AN: How'd you guys like the first chapter? This is my first book so I'd appreciate some feedback. I have no problem with criticism as long as it's constructive. Next chapter coming out soon. Bye.