27- The Distraction

Jungkook was left alone, the echo of Lisa's cryptic warning reverberating in his mind. A growing sense of unease settled over him, mingling with the dawning realization that his approach to his relationship with Taehyung needed more thoughtfulness and sensitivity than he had previously considered.

Taehyung began to stir from his deep slumber, his senses gradually awakening to the world around him. The first thing he noticed was the gentle, rhythmic warmth of Jungkook's breath brushing softly against his face. It stirred him from his dreams, drawing him into the present moment with a surprising clarity. Slowly, he opened his eyes, and his gaze met Jungkook's.

The room was infused with a delicate blend of scents that Taehyung had always found comforting—lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang. These were his favorite fragrances, and they wrapped around him like a familiar embrace, soothing his senses and grounding him in the now.

The intensity of the moment was palpable as Jungkook and Taehyung locked eyes. There was an electric tension between them, an unspoken understanding that seemed to bridge the gap between their hearts. Both were visibly nervous, their breathing quickening and their hearts racing in unison as they remained locked in that gaze. The silence was thick and charged, every second stretching out as they absorbed the depth of their shared connection.

However, the intimate bubble they had created was abruptly shattered by a sharp knock on the door. The sound echoed through the room, cutting through the silence and startling both Jungkook and Taehyung. They instinctively pulled away from each other, the suddenness of the interruption causing a flush of embarrassment to rise to Taehyung's cheeks. He averted his gaze, his face burning with a mix of shyness and confusion.

Jungkook, equally startled, cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to regain his composure. The knock had not only disrupted their private moment but had also left him scrambling to process the situation. He shifted uncomfortably, struggling to reassemble his thoughts and emotions as he prepared to address whoever was on the other side of the door.

"Come in," Jungkook commanded, his voice cutting through the room with a cold, authoritative edge that starkly contrasted with the warmth and intimacy he had just shared with Taehyung.

The door creaked open, and a guard stepped into the room, his demeanor instantly shifting to one of deep respect. He bowed his head deferentially, the formal gesture underscoring the gravity of his presence. Jungkook's stern gaze remained locked on the guard, his eyes reflecting the irritation that simmered beneath his composed exterior.

"I thought I specifically instructed not to be disturbed today," Jungkook said sharply, his tone carrying a biting edge that made the guard flinch involuntarily. The authority in his voice was palpable, demanding immediate attention and respect.

The guard, visibly nervous and trembling slightly, began to speak with a quiver in his voice. "I apologize, Leader," he stammered, his eyes darting nervously between Jungkook and the floor. "But there are still some rogues in the forest. Some of our men have captured them—two alphas and one witch."

At the mention of the rogues, Taehyung's eyes widened with sudden realization. The names Jennie, Yoongi, and Jimin flashed through his mind, and a pang of concern tightened in his chest. His gaze shifted to Jungkook, a flicker of apprehension crossing his face as he silently sought reassurance.

Jungkook's expression hardened further as he processed the information. His eyes narrowed, and his posture stiffened with determination. "Bring them to my office," he instructed, his voice brooking no argument. The command was clear and unequivocal, leaving no room for dissent.

The guard nodded quickly, his bow deep and respectful. "Yes, Leader," he replied, his voice steadying as he accepted the directive. With a final respectful nod, he turned on his heel and hurried out of the room, closing the door behind him with a soft click.

As the room fell back into silence, Jungkook and Taehyung were left alone once more. The gravity of the situation lingered in the air, a stark reminder of the tension and urgency that lay just beyond their intimate moment. Taehyung's mind raced with concern for his friends, while Jungkook prepared himself for the imminent challenges ahead.