36- Jealous

They had finally reached the front of Taehyung's room, and Jungkook paused to speak, his voice soft as he tried to ease the tension from their earlier encounter in the forest.

"You should take a rest for a whi—" Jungkook's words trailed off as his gaze landed on Taehyung's face. The omega had turned toward him, and that's when Jungkook noticed it—the faint trace of tears staining Taehyung's flushed cheeks and the small, heart-wrenching pout on his lips. His breath caught in his throat, and a dull ache bloomed in his chest.

Taehyung's teary eyes tugged at something deep inside Jungkook, making him feel a pang of guilt. Without thinking, he reached out and cupped Taehyung's face gently in both of his hands, his thumbs moving to wipe away the stray tears as they threatened to fall again.

"Hey, hey... What's wrong, pup?" Jungkook whispered, his voice laced with concern. "Why are you crying?" His heart squeezed painfully at the sight of Taehyung's sad expression. Seeing his omega in tears was something he couldn't bear.

Taehyung sniffled, his lip trembling as he whispered back, "You don't want me anymore." His voice was fragile, like the softest breeze, and the words struck Jungkook like a punch to the gut.

Jungkook shook his head quickly, wiping away Taehyung's tears with the pads of his thumbs. "No, no, it's not that, bub. I didn't say that. Don't cry, okay?"

Taehyung's eyes, still glossy with unshed tears, searched Jungkook's face for reassurance. "Then what did you say?" he asked, his voice small and uncertain. His pout deepened, making Jungkook's heart ache even more.

Jungkook exhaled softly, trying to explain without making things worse. "I just said... I don't want to mark you right now. That's all."

But Taehyung shook his head, not convinced by Jungkook's words. "It's the same thing," he mumbled, his bottom lip jutting out in a pout as fresh tears welled up. Before Jungkook could say anything else, Taehyung turned and hurried into his room, leaving the alpha standing there, stunned and frustrated.

Jungkook winced as the door shut with a loud click, followed by the unmistakable sound of the lock turning. He sighed, running a hand through his hair, cursing himself for how the situation had spiraled out of control. He knew how sensitive Taehyung was, how much the omega cared for him. He hadn't meant to hurt him.

Jungkook took a step closer to the door and knocked gently. "Pup? Why'd you lock the door? Let me in." His tone was soft, trying to coax Taehyung to open up.

From inside, Taehyung's muffled voice came through the door, sounding both pouty and hurt. "No! I won't," he said, clearly still upset.

Jungkook chuckled under his breath, shaking his head. He could easily picture Taehyung sitting on the bed, arms folded over his chest, stubbornly pouting like he always did when he didn't get his way.

"Baby, please," Jungkook tried again, his voice playful and affectionate. "Let your Gukk see your pretty face."

But Taehyung was in no mood to be swayed so easily. "No, not allowed!" he retorted from the other side of the door, making Jungkook grin despite himself. He could imagine Taehyung's cheeks puffed out in frustration.

Before Jungkook could respond, he heard an all-too-familiar voice behind him, one that instantly made his smile drop.

"Jungkook? You're here?" a chirpy, girlish voice called out.

Jungkook groaned internally, rolling his eyes as he turned to face Dahyun. She was standing a few feet away, smiling at him in that annoyingly sweet way she always did. He had nothing against her—she was respectful, and she meant well—but her constant attempts to get his attention could be grating, especially in moments like this.

"What is it, noona?" Jungkook asked, his voice dripping with boredom as he looked at her with a raised brow.

Dahyun, completely oblivious to his lack of interest, beamed at him. "I've been looking for you! I have something really exciting to show you."

Jungkook resisted the urge to sigh. He wasn't in the mood for this right now. His thoughts were still consumed with Taehyung, who was locked away inside the room, upset and probably crying. The last thing he wanted was to deal with Dahyun and whatever trivial thing she wanted to show him.

"I'm really not in the mood, Dahyun," Jungkook said, his tone flat as he turned his attention back toward the door.

But Dahyun, ever persistent, continued to tug at his arm, trying to pull him away. "Oh, come on, Jungkook! It'll only take five minutes, I swear. You'll love it!" she insisted, clearly not taking the hint.

Before Jungkook could respond, the door to Taehyung's room flew open with a loud bang, and Taehyung appeared, storming out with fire in his eyes. He grabbed Jungkook's arm and yanked him inside the room, his voice loud and possessive as he yelled, "He's not going anywhere!"

The door slammed shut with a loud thud, and for a moment, everything was silent outside. Dahyun stood there, wide-eyed and frozen in place. The force of Taehyung's actions had caught her completely off guard.

Dahyun blinked, finally snapping out of her shock, and rolled her eyes in frustration. "Geez, they're not even dating, and he's already acting like a possessive freak," she muttered under her breath, glaring at the closed door. "For god's sake, I just wanted to introduce Jungkook to my mate, Eunwoo."

With a huff, Dahyun turned on her heel and stormed off, grumbling in annoyance as she walked toward where her mate was waiting, muttering to herself about Taehyung's behavior.