chapter 6

Chapter 6: United we stand
---------------

As the flashback ended, the Hashira and the people around them stood in stunned silence, their faces etched with shock and horror. Rokuro, however, laughed maniacally, his eyes gleaming with malice.

"Ha! He deserves this!" Rokuro spat, his voice dripping with venom. "And that's exactly what I did! Now, give him to me!"

But before Rokuro could take another step closer to Giyuu, Sanemi sprang into action. He saw Giyuu trembling, his eyes wide with fear, and instinctively knew he had to act.

With a fierce determination, Sanemi grabbed Giyuu and hugged him tightly, shielding him from Rokuro's grasp.

"We won't!" Sanemi growled, his voice low and menacing, his eyes blazing with a fierce protectiveness.

Rokuro's smile faltered, and for a moment, he was taken aback by Sanemi's ferocity. He had never thought that he will be this angry. Even the other Hashira, who had witnessed Sanemi's anger before, were surprised by the intensity of his reaction.

Sanemi's eyes blazed with a fierce light, his face twisted in a snarl. His voice was low and menacing, making Rokuro take a step back, his own eyes widening in fear.

The air was electric with tension as Sanemi's anger seemed to fill the space around them. The other Hashira watched in awe, their faces set in determined expressions, ready to back Sanemi up.

Giyuu, still trembling, felt a sense of safety wash over him as Sanemi held him close. For the first time in a long time, he felt protected, shielded from the monster who had haunted his past.

Rokuro, however, was not one to back down easily. His fear quickly turned to anger, and he snarled, baring his teeth.

Rokuro sneered, his eyes filled with contempt. "He's dirty, tainted by his own darkness. Why would you protect him? Or is he your lover?"

Sanemi's expression didn't change, but his voice took on a deadly tone. "He is my comrade, and I won't let you hurt him."

Rokuro's smirk grew wider. "A comrade? Ha! No one goes to such lengths for a mere comrade. You're hiding something"

The other Hashira bristled at Rokuro's insinuation, their faces darkening with anger. But Sanemi remained calm, his eyes never leaving Rokuro's face.

"I'm not hiding anything," Sanemi said, his voice cold. "I'm simply upholding the bond of camaraderie. Something you know nothing about, Rokuro."

Giyuu, still shaken, felt a surge of gratitude towards Sanemi. No one had ever stood up for him like this before.

Rokuro's smirk faltered, and he stood there, his mind racing, trying to come up with a new tactic. He couldn't let Sanemi and the Hashira get the better of him. He needed Giyuu, and he needed him now.

Suddenly, a sly grin spread across Rokuro's face. "Fine, keep him for now," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "But know this: I will get him back. And when I do, he will pay for his defiance."

Rokuro's eyes locked onto Giyuu, and for a moment, Giyuu felt a chill run down his spine. He knew that look, that tone. Rokuro was far from defeated.

"And as for you, Giyuu," Rokuro continued, his voice dripping with venom. "You think you're safe now? You think he can protect you? I'll show you what true power looks like. I'll show you what happens when you cross me."

Sanemi's fist connected with Rokuro's face, sending him crashing to the ground. "You filthy bastard!" Sanemi growled, his anger boiling over. "You're even worse than the demons I've killed!"