xvii. 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲

real life;

real life;

the warm italian sun was shining down on them as they lay on the sand, hands intertwined. the bits of sand between her toes were tickling her, and the sea water that had covered her body turned into small salt crystals.

"wake up, sleepy," the girl next to her said.

"i'm not asleep, my mind is alive," tyla mumbled, still not willing to open her eyes.

"of course you are love," the other sniggered and sat up on her elbows, squinting her eyes against the sun.

"where are my glasses?" she then asked, looking around. "tyla, where did you put them?"

"no way, i didn't hide them," tyla said, very unconvincingly.

"of course you did, you sneaky little nerd." the girl leaned over tyla's body and began to tickle her, making the red head squirm and cry out of laughter beneath her.

"okay, okay, they're in my bag, so there wouldn't be sand on 'em," tyla gasped out between laughters.

the other girl smiled appreciatively and pecked her cheek. "thank you, sweetheart."
she quickly grabbed them and put them on, seeming much more satisfied now.

"better now?" tyla asked, eyeing her with a smile.

"one hundred percent."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

she gently lifted up tyla's chin while tyla dropped her arms on her waist, and just as she placed her lips on tyla's it felt like destiny.

"tyla?" she mumbled as they broke apart.

"yes, gracie?"