Chapter 6

Red was soon discharged from the hospital and they all headed back to school, with Red and Chloe cuddling in the back. Uma glances at them from the rearview mirror, smiling to herself. Once they reached the school, the two of them immediately headed to their room.

Chloe lays down and pats the spot next to her. Red smiles before climbing in bed next to her. She lays her head down on her chest as Chloe gently strokes her hair. Red sighs in contentment as their tattoos glow once more. "Chloe?" "Hmm?" "Can i see your tattoo?" Chloe sits up and turns around. She moves her hair to the side to reveal it as Red lightly touches it. "Mine's pretty easy to spot, if you can see it under my masses upon masses of hair." Chloe laughs. Red laughs before she places a kiss on her tattoo. Chloe gasps as her body reacts accordingly. Her body heats up like a thousand suns but to her it felt riveting. "Red?" "Hmm?" "Can you turn around?" Red stops suddenly and turns around. "Now stand at the end of the bed." "Ok? What is this about, Chloe?" Chloe scoots down the bed and pulls her in by her hips. "Ok? I'm liking this so far." Chloe rolls her eyes before she hooks her thumbs into Red's pants. "Ooh, I'm really liking this." "Shut up." She pulls it down slightly and kisses the tattoo on Red's hip. Red gasps as her body tenses. "Tease." She mumbles as Chloe smirks. "What? I'm simply doing what you did to me. Not my fault your tattoo is on your hip. And it's not my fault all tattoos are sensitive to soulmates touch. Remember, you have the same effect on me too, Red." Chloe smiles. "I know." Red caresses her face.

She stares into Chloe's eyes for a moment. "You wanna go to the enchanted lake?" She asks. "Are you asking me out?" Chloe smiles. "Yes." Red nods. "Then yes." They untangle themselves from each other and grab a couple towels. They walk hand in hand to the enchanted lake, which was about a 10 mins walk from the school. "So, i realize we're soulmates but i know absolutely nothing about you. So tell me." Chloe shrugs. "What do you want to know?" "Everything." Red smiles. "Hopes, dreams, family. Hit me." Chloe laughs. "Um, well i have two loving parents, and i mean like sickeningly, in love parents. I have an older brother named Chad. I grew up in Cinderellasburg my whole life. My parents, mostly my dad, taught me fencing ever since i was young. They used to tell me their story every night before bed. When i was about, 12 or 13, i came out to my parents and they were incredibly supportive. My older brother Chad, not so much." Red frowns. "He isn't supportive of you being a lesbian?" She asks. "It's not that, he's 100% supportive, he just doesn't like the idea of some girl breaking my heart and he can't beat them up for it." Chloe laughs. "Well," Red squeezes her hand, "you can tell him that he doesn't have to worry about that anymore." She smiles at her.

They finally reach the enchanted lake. Chloe breathes in the fresh air as Red starts taking off her shirt. "Whoa, what are you doing?!" "Relax, i just thought I'd go for a dip, you wanna join me?" She asks. Chloe bites her lip. "I don't know...." "Oh come on, Princess!" Red splashes her. "Ah!" Chloe narrowly dodges it. "Oh alright fine. But if i drown, I'm blaming you!" She strips down to her bra and underwear and joins her. Red swims over and wraps her arms around her. "Hi." She whispered. "Hello there." Chloe whispered back. Red glances to the other end of the lake before she smirks at Chloe. "Race you to the end?" Before Chloe could say anything, she takes off. "Hey! That's not fair!" Chloe hurries to catch up. They both finish on the other side, breathless. "You cheated!" Chloe splashes her. Red laughs. "I'm sorry Princess, you should have seen your face though." Chloe pouts and turns around. Red slowly stops laughing and swims over to her. She wraps her arms around her, feeling that burning sensation once again where her tattoo was. A comforting feeling that she was starting to get used to. "I'm sorry ok?" Chloe shakes her off. "Oh come on, don't be like that boo." Red tries to face her but Chloe keeps turning away. Red sighs. "Ok, tell you what. How about a rematch? First one to the waterfall wi-" Chloe takes off. "Hey!" Red swims after her. Of course, Chloe beats her to it as she slams her hand on the rock wall behind the waterfall. Red swims up and breathes heavy as she leans against the wall. "There, we even now?" She asks. Chloe smiles and nods. "Yes." They both laugh as they catch their breaths. A comforting silence falls upon them.

Chloe looks over at Red who was already staring at her. They both smile as they make eye contact. "So, this was a nice first date." Chloe holds her hand. Red thanks the gods they were in water right now cause she swears her body would have combusted from the heat. "Thank you for taking me." Red shakes her head. "No need to thank me. We're soulmates." Chloe smiles and scoots closer to her. "Well, how about we add another title to that?" Red scoots closer until their shoulders are touching. Red's and Chloe's glowing tattoo reflects off of the water. "Like what?" "Like....girlfriends?" She bites her lip. Chloe grabs her chin and takes her lip out from under her teeth. "Don't bite your lip. It does things to me." She confesses. "Oh? What kind of things?" Red bites her lip once again. "Like it makes me want to bite your lip instead." Chloe leans in. "Really?" Red smirks. "Mhm." Chloe nods. "Well, if you were my girlfriend, you could bite it all you want. Whenever you want." Chloe groans as she leans in and bites Red's lip. "We're not girlfriends. We're soulmates. But i guess if you want, we could be both. What else can i bite if we're two in one? Soulmates and girlfriends?" Red starts breathing heavily. "Whatever you want." She tells her. Chloe smirks. "I would love to be your girlfriend, Red." Red wraps her arms around Chloe's neck. Her hands gently scratch at her tattoo in the back of her neck. Chloe hisses as she smirks. "You really love teasing me, don't you?" Red shrugs. "Maybe." She places her hand on Chloe's tattoo in the back of her neck while Chloe places hers on Red's hip, where her tattoo was. They slowly lean in and stop just centimeters before their lips touch. They look into each others eyes before they close at the touch of their soulmates lips on theirs. The kiss was slow and sensual but also light and cute. Their once burning tattoos now just simmer slightly.