Rykel heard her alarm going off and groaned. Rolling over, she cracked open an eye and angrily punched the stop button, silencing the annoying noise. Beginning to roll back over, she suddenly jolted , letting out a surprised yelp.

"Good morning, Rykel," the demon grinned humorously as it sat perched on the foot of her bed like a mammoth gargoyle. Its tail swayed behind it languidly as its horns glinted in the rays of sunshine.

"Geez, fuck, Kura, stop doing that," Rykel muttered, a hand to her heart. Kuragari chuckled.

"For the amount of times I've done this to you, Rykel, I'm surprised you're still jumpy," came the rumble.

"Oh, hush," Rykel waved it off. "I wasn't expecting it, that's all. Since we've bonded, I was kinda assuming that you'd be..." she trailed off. Kuragari chuckled again, stepping onto the bed and stalking in close.

"Inside you?" it mused. Its red orbs glowed teasingly. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"Hey, now, we can't do the hanky panky, Aunt Katherine's home," Rykel smiled even as the demon's massive form crowded her against the headboard. A low rumble came from deep within the demon.

"We can be quiet," it purred, nuzzling into her neck affectionately. "I know how much you crave the thrill of being caught..." Its tongue gently licked her cheek, making the young woman giggle.

"As tempting as an offer that is, I'm going to have to pass," she stated with a smile, placing a hand on the demon's toothy maw. The demon rumbled softly at the touch and leaned into it, a soft, contented sigh escaping its mouth. "Maybe later?"

"Fair enough." The demon nodded and backed off, giving Rykel her space. "I am hungry."

"We have food downstairs," Rykel stated as she slipped out of bed and into her socks.

"This planet of yours is so boring, there is hardly any wildlife here for me to sustain myself," came the vehement grunt.

"That's because we're in the city, big guy," Rykel stated as she walked out the door. The demon followed, its form hunched so as not to knock a hole in the ceiling with its body.

"Well, this city sucks," it muttered, dropping to all fours.

"You're gonna have to live with it," the brunette sighed as she made her way down the hall, the demon's hooves and claws thumping heavily on the wooden floor behind her.

"Your human food is revolting," came the disgusted sneer. "It all tastes the same... cooked and boring." It seemed to perk up at a particular thought. "If I can't find a suitable food source here, I will start gravitating towards whatever's right in front of me."

"You're not going to eat people, jeez," Rykel sighed as she motioned the demon to enter in her so they could continue talking without worrying about being found out. The demon did so reluctantly.

I will have to if your human food does not satisfy my dietary needs, it hissed menacingly.

"We'll find you something, don't worry," Rykel said as she poured a bowl of cereal and a cup of orange juice.  Noticing a sticky note on the fridge, she peeled it off and read it. Ugh, her stupid doctor's appointment was today. Aunt Katherine had rescheduled it. "Maybe some cows or something at a farm nearby."

We live in the city. There are no farms nearby.

"Well, there is a zoo..."

Zoo?

"...nah, it'll be too obvious. Plus I like the zoo."

I'm hungry! The demon whined.

"Well then, eat this cereal," Rykel smiled, sitting down at the table and sticking a spoonful of Cocoa Puffs in her mouth.
She could practically feel the demon gagging.